Problem with database package

Santiago Higuera-2
Hi all:
I'm trying to install database package. My OS is Ubuntu 15.10. I have
installed Postgresql and liboctave-dev. I have struct package installed
in Octave. When I execute 'pkg install -forge database' the result is:

> > pkg install -forge database
configure: error: unable to find the PQconnectdb() function in pq
checking for mkoctfile... /usr/bin/mkoctfile
checking for octave-config... /usr/bin/octave-config
checking for pg_config... pg_config
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for PQconnectdb in -lpq... no

pkg: error running the configure script for database.
error: called from 'configure_make' in file
/usr/share/octave/4.0.0/m/pkg/private/configure_make.m near line 79,
column 9

┬┐Can you help me? Thanks

Regards

Santiago Higuera

Re: Problem with database package

Olaf Till-2
On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 08:17:26PM +0100, Santiago Higuera wrote:

> Hi all:
> I'm trying to install database package. My OS is Ubuntu 15.10. I have
> installed Postgresql and liboctave-dev. I have struct package installed
> in Octave. When I execute 'pkg install -forge database' the result is:
>
> > > pkg install -forge database
> configure: error: unable to find the PQconnectdb() function in pq
> checking for mkoctfile... /usr/bin/mkoctfile
> checking for octave-config... /usr/bin/octave-config
> checking for pg_config... pg_config
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
> checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for PQconnectdb in -lpq... no
You need to install the libpq packages. At my system, they are named
libpq5 and libpq-dev. You need both, or packages corresponding to
both.

Olaf

Re: Problem with database package

Santiago Higuera-2
Thanks, Olaf, that was the problem, now I installed database package
without problems.

El lun, 21-03-2016 a las 20:32 +0100, Olaf Till escribi├│: