Problems uninstalling GUI OCTAVE 1.7.0.0

Problems uninstalling GUI OCTAVE 1.7.0.0

husmmar

Hi all

While I try to uninstall the application via GUIOctave à Uninstall GUIOctave I get an Error “Runtime Error (at -1:0): Cannot Import dll:C:\Program Files(x86)\GUIOctave\psvince.dll.”

OS is Win10/64 1803

Does someone have a solution for this Problem?

Martin Husmann

RMSIT - 2060

ErrorUninstallingGUI.JPG (20K) Download Attachment

Re: Problems uninstalling GUI OCTAVE 1.7.0.0

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 27 Jun 2018, at 14:51, Martin Husmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> While I try to uninstall the application via GUIOctave à Uninstall GUIOctave I get an Error “Runtime Error (at -1:0): Cannot Import dll:C:\Program Files(x86)\GUIOctave\psvince.dll.”
> OS is Win10/64 1803
>
> Does someone have a solution for this Problem?
>
> Martin Husmann
> RMSIT - 2060

What is GUIOctave 1.7.0.0? Where did you get it from?
Look at this page for info on how to install Octave :

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html

You seem to be using Windows, so click on the "windows"
link in the menu on the top of the page.

HTH,
c.

Re: Problems uninstalling GUI OCTAVE 1.7.0.0

John Frain
GUI OCTAVE was a proprietary GUI for octave which was not part of the "official" Octave system.  Before version 3.8 Octave  had no official GUI  and there were several external  attempts at  providing a GUI.  Version 3,8 introduced an optional GUI which became an integral part of Octave from version 4.  If you install a current version of Octave you should stick with the GUI.  (There is also an octave mode in emacs which is still available - I do find this convenient for some jobs)

John C Frain, Ph.D.

Economics Department             3 Aranleigh Park
Trinity College Dublin                 Rathfarnham
College Green                           Dublin 14
Dublin 2                                    Ireland
Ireland

On 27 June 2018 at 15:07, Carlo De Falco <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27 Jun 2018, at 14:51, Martin Husmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all

> While I try to uninstall the application via GUIOctave à Uninstall GUIOctave I get an Error “Runtime Error (at -1:0): Cannot Import dll:C:\Program Files(x86)\GUIOctave\psvince.dll.”
> OS is Win10/64 1803

> Does someone have a solution for this Problem?

> Martin Husmann
> RMSIT - 2060

What is GUIOctave 1.7.0.0? Where did you get it from?
Look at this page for info on how to install Octave :

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html

You seem to be using Windows, so click on the "windows"
link in the menu on the top of the page.

HTH,
c.

Re: Problems uninstalling GUI OCTAVE 1.7.0.0

husmmar
Just found the solution.
I had to download the file psvince.dll from
https://github.com/XhmikosR/psvince/releases and place it in the
installation folder of GUIOctave (in my case at  c:\Program Files
(x86)\GUIOctave\).
Then just started the unis000.exe located at same folder.

Hope this helps someone facing the same problem.

husmmar wrote