Problems with stable version

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with stable version

Avinoam
Running GNU Octave Version: 4.3.0+ (hg id: dedc0128645a) from stable branch
on Win-7
shows some problems:

1. Welcome message is truncated
2. [l, u]  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;    crash octave   (l  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;
works)
3. CTRL-C does not work
4. "Quit Debug Mode" button does not work properly.

Can anyone confirm these problems?
All of these (if confirmed) are blockers for 4.4.

Thanks,

Avinoam
   




--
Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with stable version

tmacchant




----- Original Message -----

> From: Avinoam <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Cc:
> Date: 2018/4/9, Mon 02:17
> Subject: Problems with stable version
>
> Running GNU Octave Version: 4.3.0+ (hg id: dedc0128645a) from stable branch
> on Win-7
> shows some problems:
>
> 1.    Welcome message is truncated
> 2.    [l, u]  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;    crash octave   (l  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;
> works)
> 3.    CTRL-C does not work
> 4.    "Quit Debug Mode" button does not work properly.
>
> Can anyone confirm these problems?
> All of these (if confirmed) are blockers for 4.4.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Avinoam


I had been trying to test stable branch on windows 
but I had never able to do it because the below.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=53484

Did not you see the above ?

I cannot build stable brach octave for windows so that I cannot test what 
you have shown.

Please help me.

Tatsuro

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with stable version

Dmitri A. Sergatskov
In reply to this post by Avinoam


On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 12:17 PM, Avinoam <[hidden email]> wrote:
Running GNU Octave Version: 4.3.0+ (hg id: dedc0128645a) from stable branch
on Win-7
shows some problems:

1.      Welcome message is truncated
2.      [l, u]  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;    crash octave   (l  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;
works)

​To me this looks like a blas issue. I do not know how easy it is to try a different
dll library on windows. Is there a LD_PRELOAD equivalent?

Dmitri.
​--

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with stable version

Mike Miller-4
On Sun, Apr 08, 2018 at 16:46:46 -0500, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 12:17 PM, Avinoam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Running GNU Octave Version: 4.3.0+ (hg id: dedc0128645a) from stable branch
> > on Win-7
> > shows some problems:
> >
> > 1.      Welcome message is truncated
> > 2.      [l, u]  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;    crash octave   (l  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;
> > works)
> >
>
> To me this looks like a blas issue. I do not know how easy it is to try a
> different
> dll library on windows. Is there a LD_PRELOAD equivalent?
The Windows installer comes with a README.html file, which includes
instructions on how to switch between OpenBLAS and reference BLAS.

--
mike

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with stable version

tmacchant
In reply to this post by Avinoam




----- Original Message -----
> From: Avinoam 
> To: octave-maintainers
> Cc:
> Date: 2018/4/9, Mon 02:17
> Subject: Problems with stable version


hg id octave f0c0c0652d5 mxe c588eacfecab


>
> Running GNU Octave Version: 4.3.0+ (hg id: dedc0128645a) from stable branch
> on Win-7
> shows some problems:
>
> 1.    Welcome message is truncated


I installed from self-archive 7z file so I cannot confirm.

> 2.    [l, u]  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;    crash octave   (l  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;
> works)
I testes on refblas and opeblas. On both, octave does not crash.
For openblas, CPU architecture is auto-detected and thus the behavior might be CPU dependent.
I mere say that "Works for me"

 



> 3.    CTRL-C does not work
Works for me

> 4.    "Quit Debug Mode" button does not work properly.
Works for me

> Can anyone confirm these problems?
> All of these (if confirmed) are blockers for 4.4.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Avinoam
>    


For me all things you pointed put works.

Tatsuro 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with stable version

Avinoam
tmacchant wrote

> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Avinoam 
>> To: octave-maintainers
>> Cc:
>> Date: 2018/4/9, Mon 02:17
>> Subject: Problems with stable version
>
>
> hg id octave f0c0c0652d5 mxe c588eacfecab
>
>
>>
>> Running GNU Octave Version: 4.3.0+ (hg id: dedc0128645a) from stable
>> branch
>> on Win-7
>> shows some problems:
>>
>> 1.    Welcome message is truncated
>
>
> I installed from self-archive 7z file so I cannot confirm.
>
>> 2.    [l, u]  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;    crash octave   (l  = lu ([1,2;3,4]) ;
>> works)
> I testes on refblas and opeblas. On both, octave does not crash.
> For openblas, CPU architecture is auto-detected and thus the behavior
> might be CPU dependent.
> I mere say that "Works for me"
>
>  
>
>
>
>> 3.    CTRL-C does not work
> Works for me
>
>> 4.    "Quit Debug Mode" button does not work properly.
> Works for me
>
>> Can anyone confirm these problems?
>> All of these (if confirmed) are blockers for 4.4.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Avinoam
>>    
>
>
> For me all things you pointed put works.
>
> Tatsuro 

Checking release candidate on Win-10, everything was fixed, except CTRL-C,
which still does not work

Avinoam



--
Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html