[Proposal] 7zip archive for octave for windows binary

[Proposal] 7zip archive for octave for windows binary

tmacchant
There are two distribution for octave for windows, installer exe and zip archive.

I propose add 7z archive packages.

Zip is windows standard but compression efficiency is low.
These days many site distribute 7zip archives, like MinGW w64, gnuplot and so on.

7zip archive is much efficient than that in zip.

7zip software is useful tool for windows.
https://www.7-zip.org/

Tatsuro

Re: [Proposal] 7zip archive for octave for windows binary

nrjank
I propose add 7z archive packages.

I believe we used to do this. Any particular end reason we stopped? I have no problems with adding .7z again.