Quantcast

Query about GPL-License

nigel Jordan
Dear Madam/ Sir,

We are developing an application in C++, which is going to call "octave-cli.exe" using windows
api "CreateProcess". The c++ application is not calling any octave library functions directly.
The applicaion creates a process that runs octave-cli.exe. The application stores the statements
to be executed in a variable. Basically, the variable is an in-memory version of a .m file.
The application writes the contents of the variable, line by line, to the created process's
standard input stream, using windows pipes. The application also reads back the computed result
from process's output stream. We need our application to be closed source, and don't want it
to be GPL-licensed. Can we do this?

Thanks and Regards,

Nigel