Question about Octave 4.0.3 and 4.2.1

Zhihui Zou
Hi guys,

I am trying to call Octave functions from C++. For Octave 4.0.3, everything is going great. But when I call the plot function, there is no response at all. My system is MacOS, and I tried many ways online, but none of them worked out. I definitely installed gnuplot, because I can use the plot function with Octave 4.2.1 in terminal. But the clean_up_and_exit() function seems not work for Octave 4.2.1 when calling Octave from C++.

Anybody can help me out?  Either helping me figure out the no-response problem with plot function in Octave 4.0.3, or how to fixing the clean_up_and_exit() problem in Octave 4.2.1 would be OK. So I can call Octave functions from C++. Thank you very much.

Really appreciate.

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Question about Octave 4.0.3 and 4.2.1

siko1056
Zhihui Zou wrote

> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to call Octave functions from C++. For Octave 4.0.3,
> everything is going great. But when I call the plot function, there is no
> response at all. My system is MacOS, and I tried many ways online, but
> none of them worked out. I definitely installed gnuplot, because I can use
> the plot function with Octave 4.2.1 in terminal. But the
> clean_up_and_exit() function seems not work for Octave 4.2.1 when calling
> Octave from C++.
>
> Anybody can help me out?  Either helping me figure out the no-response
> problem with plot function in Octave 4.0.3, or how to fixing the
> clean_up_and_exit() problem in Octave 4.2.1 would be OK. So I can call
> Octave functions from C++. Thank you very much.
>
> Really appreciate.

Maybe you should post your code (even better relevant portions of your code)
to some service like https://pastebin.com/ and provide the link here to make
it us easier to help you.

Best,
Kai