RPM based distribution support from Octave Forge

RPM based distribution support from Octave Forge

Enrico Brambilla

Dear Octave Maintainers,

  I've been using Octave in Fedora for several technical computation needs, but recently I had to adhere to my company's PC policies, and I'm using Enterprise Linux (Oracle flavour). Unfortunately EPEL does not provide any release of Octave Communications package, and I read that there may be plans for supporting RPM based distributions here: http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_GNU/Linux .

Have you got any YUM repository I may use?

Thanks for all your great work,

Enrico.

--

Oracle View Enrico Brambilla's LinkedIn profile Enrico Brambilla's VCard Enrico Brambilla's blog RSS feed
Enrico Brambilla | Senior Solution Architect DB&Platform | +39.349.334.6170
Oracle Italia | Viale Fulvio Testi, 136 | 20092 Cinisello Balsamo, MI | Italy

Re: RPM based distribution support from Octave Forge

Mike Miller-4
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 11:52:12 +0200, Enrico Brambilla wrote:

> Dear Octave Maintainers,
>
>   I've been using Octave in Fedora for several technical computation needs,
> but recently I had to adhere to my company's PC policies, and I'm using
> Enterprise Linux (Oracle flavour). Unfortunately EPEL does not provide any
> release of Octave Communications package, and I read that there may be plans
> for supporting RPM based distributions here:
> http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_GNU/Linux .
>
> Have you got any YUM repository I may use?
>
> Thanks for all your great work,

Hi, the idea mentioned in the wiki was to attract interested parties
such as yourself and raise funds for a team of developers to maintain a
repository of well-tested Octave packages for enterprise distributions.

That plan has not yet become reality. Are you interested in funding such
work? Is Oracle interested in funding such work?