Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #11 - Internationalization

Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #11 - Internationalization

Rik-4
Translators!

Torsten has updated the Octave language files located at
libgui/languages/*.ts.  If you could check the files and make any new
translations within the next week and a half (deadline: March 8th, 2018)
that would help us get the 4.4.0 release out.

In addition, to the .ts file for the GUI, the two files
org.octave.Octave.appdata.xml and org.octave.Octave.desktop.in in etc/icons
need translations.  Currently, the only translation is for the German
language (de).

Name=GNU Octave
Comment=Interactive programming environment for numerical computations
Comment[de]=Interaktive Programmierumgebung für numerische Berechnungen

Thanks so much,
Octave Maintainers

Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #11 - Internationalization

tmacchant

> Torsten has updated the Octave language files located at
> libgui/languages/*.ts.  If you could check the files and make any new
> translations within the next week and a half (deadline: March 8th, 2018)
> that would help us get the 4.4.0 release out.
>
> In addition, to the .ts file for the GUI, the two files
> org.octave.Octave.appdata.xml and org.octave.Octave.desktop.in in etc/icons
> need translations.  Currently, the only translation is for the German
> language (de).
>
> Name=GNU Octave
> Comment=Interactive programming environment for numerical computations
> Comment[de]=Interaktive Programmierumgebung für numerische Berechnungen
>
> Thanks so much,
> Octave Maintainers

OK. Thanks Rik!

I will check Japanese translation on this weekend.
Where will I upload the changeset?

Bug tracker? Patch tracker? This list?

Tatsuro

Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #11 - Internationalization

mmuetzel
Hi!

I started translating the new strings to German. To avoid double effort,
please contact me if you would like to help/review/...

Best
Markus

Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #11 - Internationalization

Pantxo
mmuetzel wrote

> Hi!
>
> I started translating the new strings to German. To avoid double effort,
> please contact me if you would like to help/review/...
>
> Best
> Markus
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html

Same here for french.

Pantxo

On 03/29/2018 10:50 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

> [...]
Good point.  I made a bug report just as a location for uploading the
translation files.  See https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?53526.

--Rik

Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #11 - Internationalization

tmacchant
> Torsten has updated the Octave language files located at
> libgui/languages/*.ts.  If you could check the files and make any new
> translations within the next week and a half (deadline: March 8th, 2018)
> that would help us get the 4.4.0 release out.
>
> In addition, to the .ts file for the GUI, the two files
> org.octave.Octave.appdata.xml and org.octave.Octave.desktop.in in etc/icons
> need translations.  Currently, the only translation is for the German
> language (de).
>
> Name=GNU Octave
> Comment=Interactive programming environment for numerical computations
> Comment[de]=Interaktive Programmierumgebung für numerische Berechnungen
>
> Thanks so much,
> Octave Maintainers

I could find org.octave.Octave.appdata.xml and but could not find org.octave.Octave.desktop.in in etc/icons

in stable source.

Tatsuro

Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #11 - Internationalization

tmacchant

>>  Torsten has updated the Octave language files located at
>>  libgui/languages/*.ts.  If you could check the files and make any new
>>  translations within the next week and a half (deadline: March 8th, 2018)
>>  that would help us get the 4.4.0 release out.
>>
>>  In addition, to the .ts file for the GUI, the two files
>>  org.octave.Octave.appdata.xml and org.octave.Octave.desktop.in in etc/icons
>>  need translations.  Currently, the only translation is for the German
>>  language (de).
>>
>>  Name=GNU Octave
>>  Comment=Interactive programming environment for numerical computations
>>  Comment[de]=Interaktive Programmierumgebung für numerische Berechnungen
>>
>>  Thanks so much,
>>  Octave Maintainers
>
> I could find org.octave.Octave.appdata.xml and but could not find
> org.octave.Octave.desktop.in in etc/icons
>
> in stable source.
>
> Tatsuro

In pcmanfm, I cannot find it but ls command tells that it exists.
Sorry for noise

Tatsuro

Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #11 - Internationalization

Rik-4
Just a reminder to any translators out there that the deadline for updating
the *.ts translation files is April 8th (4 days away).  Translations may be
uploaded to this bug report (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53526).

Currently doing very well and only missing Portugese and Italian
translations among the major languages that are supported.

--Rik

Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #11 - Internationalization

Marco Caliari-4
On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 09:18:20 -0700
Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just a reminder to any translators out there that the deadline for updating
> the *.ts translation files is April 8th (4 days away).  Translations may be
> uploaded to this bug report (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53526).
>
> Currently doing very well and only missing Portugese and Italian
> translations among the major languages that are supported.
>
> --Rik

Is there anybody doing Italian?

Marco

On 04/04/2018 11:24 PM, Marco Caliari wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 09:18:20 -0700
> Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Just a reminder to any translators out there that the deadline for updating
>> the *.ts translation files is April 8th (4 days away).  Translations may be
>> uploaded to this bug report (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53526).
>>
>> Currently doing very well and only missing Portugese and Italian
>> translations among the major languages that are supported.
>>
>> --Rik
>>
> Is there anybody doing Italian?
The listed translator for Italian is

it_IT Massimiliano Fasi <[hidden email]>

I sent an e-mail directly to all of the translators last week, but perhaps
this e-mail no longer works.  At this point, I think it would be great if
you could look at the Italian translation.

--Rik

Re: 4.4 Release Checklist - Item #11 - Internationalization

Marco Caliari-4
On Thu, 5 Apr 2018 08:13:39 -0700
Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 04/04/2018 11:24 PM, Marco Caliari wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 09:18:20 -0700
> > Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Just a reminder to any translators out there that the deadline for updating
> >> the *.ts translation files is April 8th (4 days away).  Translations may be
> >> uploaded to this bug report (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53526).
> >>
> >> Currently doing very well and only missing Portugese and Italian
> >> translations among the major languages that are supported.
> >>
> >> --Rik
> >>
> > Is there anybody doing Italian?
> The listed translator for Italian is
>
> it_IT Massimiliano Fasi <[hidden email]>
>
> I sent an e-mail directly to all of the translators last week, but perhaps
> this e-mail no longer works.  At this point, I think it would be great if
> you could look at the Italian translation.

I tried, but I never used Octave GUI and, in general, I do not use Italian
GUI's. I'm very slow, not sure I can finish within April 8th.

Marco

Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 04/04/2018 11:24 PM, Marco Caliari wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 09:18:20 -0700
> > Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Just a reminder to any translators out there that the deadline for updating
> >> the *.ts translation files is April 8th (4 days away).  Translations may be
> >> uploaded to this bug report (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53526).
> >>
> >> Currently doing very well and only missing Portugese and Italian
> >> translations among the major languages that are supported.
> >>
> >> --Rik
> >>
> > Is there anybody doing Italian?
> The listed translator for Italian is
>
> it_IT Massimiliano Fasi <[hidden email]>
>
> I sent an e-mail directly to all of the translators last week, but perhaps
> this e-mail no longer works.  At this point, I think it would be great if
> you could look at the Italian translation.
>
> --Rik

I uploaded my attempt to https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53526.
Hints for the Italian version of "dock widgets" are welcome.

Marco