Re: Connecting to PYTHON (symbolic package)

Re: Connecting to PYTHON (symbolic package)

Colin Macdonald-2
On 2018-11-06 6:00 a.m., [hidden email] wrote:
> I have tried different ways to connect the symbolic package to python
> (windows 10, 64 bit).
>
> I installed Anaconda, tried to setenv as described in github
> <https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/wiki/Development-Guide>.
>
> Would be happy to guidance to connect (hope it is the correct
> terminology) octave to python.

Hi,

The easiest way on Windows is probably to use the "bundle" package as
documented here:

https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/wiki/Notes-on-Windows-installation

But if you do make it work with Anaconda, *please* update [1]
with precise step-by-step instructions.  I have no easy way to test
these things so any documentation would be a helpful contribution!

[1]
https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/wiki/Notes-on-Windows-installation#installing-python-and-sympy-with-anaconda

best,
Colin

RE: Connecting to PYTHON (symbolic package)

Tony Richardson
> On 2018-11-06 6:00 a.m., [hidden email] wrote:
> > I have tried different ways to connect the symbolic package to python
> > (windows 10, 64 bit).
> >
> > I installed Anaconda, tried to setenv as described in github
> > <https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/wiki/Development-Guide>.
> >
> > Would be happy to guidance to connect (hope it is the correct
> > terminology) octave to python.
>
> Hi,
>
> The easiest way on Windows is probably to use the "bundle" package as
> documented here:
>
> https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/wiki/Notes-on-Windows-installation
>
> But if you do make it work with Anaconda, *please* update [1] with precise
> step-by-step instructions.  I have no easy way to test these things so any
> documentation would be a helpful contribution!
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/wiki/Notes-on-Windows-
> installation#installing-python-and-sympy-with-anaconda
>
> best,
> Colin

I use the symbolic package with Anaconda on Windows 10.   I have:

     setenv PYTHON C:\Anaconda3\python.exe

in my .octaverc file.  Everything works as expected and "sympref diagnose" produces the desired output.

Tony Richardson

On 2018-11-06 11:10 a.m., Richardson, Anthony wrote:
> I use the symbolic package with Anaconda on Windows 10.   I have:
>
>       setenv PYTHON C:\Anaconda3\python.exe
>
> in my .octaverc file.  Everything works as expected and "sympref diagnose" produces the desired output.

Good to know!  In one sentence, how do you install sympy in Anaconda?
Is there some GUI package manager?

Colin