Quantcast

Re: Contribution to Project : Implement boolean operations on polygons

Re: Contribution to Project : Implement boolean operations on polygons

JuanPi
On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Piyush Jain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sir,
> I was going through the ClipperLib library implementation of boolean
> operations on polygon.
> I am interested to contribute to this project.
> Can you just give me some guidelines on how should I start ? Or what
> actually is needed to be implemented in the project further ?
>
> Best Regards
> Piyush Jain
> CS Sophomore Undergrad
> IIT Guwahati - India

Dear Piyush Jain,

Please use the mailing list in CC for these messages as there are
several devs involved.

There is some clipper functionality already added to geometry. Maybe
you can extend that somehow? Currently we use it only for orinetatin
of polygons. Philip Neuhuis can guide you better on the needs he has
form the clipper library.
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/geometry/ci/default/tree/src/

You can read an ongoing GSOC 2017 discussion here
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/GSoC-2017-Implement-boolean-operations-on-polygons-td4682161.html

JuanPi Carbajal
Public GnuPG key: 9C5B72BF
-----
"Why is thought, being a secretion of the brain, more wonderful than
gravity, a property of matter?"
- C. Darwin