Re: Dynamic Linking

Jeppe Sigbrandt
Hiya,

Found this question in the archives (Oct95).  It was never answered,
but describes _exactly_ the symptoms I'm seeing:

-------------

I rebuilt octave WITH_DLD enabled and have libdld.a installed on my system
but I can't get dynamic loading to work.

octave:1> xinterp2
error: failed to link library /usr/local/lib/liboctave.a
error: `xinterp2' undefined near line 1 column 1
error: evaluating expression near line 1, column 1

liboctave.a, libcruft.a and libdld.a are all in /usr/local/lib.

I wonder what I am doing wrong this time .

H. I. SALEH

However, if I don't strip my 8Mbyte octave binary this works fine.
Will be recompiling without the -g options to check if still works,
and I'll be sure to let youz know if it doesn't ;)

Regards,
jay