Re: Figures popping up during running of test suite?

Re: Figures popping up during running of test suite?

Rik-4
On 08/03/2018 07:12 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
Re: Figures popping up during running of test suite?
From:
Mike Miller [hidden email]
Date:
08/03/2018 09:36 AM
To:
[hidden email]
Message:
2

On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 10:12:18 -0700, Rik wrote:
I seem to be getting flashes of figures when running 'make check' or
__run_test_suite__ from within Octave.  I thought we had addressed this
problem by making all of the BIST code use invisible figures.  Is that not
right?  Or have some new tests been added which aren't following the
convention?
On my system it is only the __opengl_info__.m function. The function
intentionally creates a tiny on-screen figure. If the figure is made
invisible, the function doesn't work.

-- mike
Mike,

The function "__opengl_info__.m" is an internal one as marked by the leading and trailing double underscores.  Do we need to have a BIST test for this m-file?  Commenting out the tests--I wouldn't want to necessarily delete them since someone might find them useful--would solve the issue I am seeing with figures popping up.

--Rik

Re: Figures popping up during running of test suite?

Mike Miller-4
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 10:34:51 -0700, Rik wrote:
> The function "__opengl_info__.m" is an internal one as marked by the
> leading and trailing double underscores.  Do we need to have a BIST test
> for this m-file?  Commenting out the tests--I wouldn't want to necessarily
> delete them since someone might find them useful--would solve the issue I
> am seeing with figures popping up.

I have no objection, if that fixes the issue for you.

Were the tests added intentionally to make sure that the OpenGL system
was exercised as part of the test suite?

Maybe turn the tests into one or more demos that just display the
information instead of asserting it?