Re: GNU Octave 4.4.1 Released

marco atzeri-2
Am 15.08.2018 um 18:00 schrieb John W. Eaton:
> The Octave developers are pleased to announce the release of GNU Octave,
> version 4.4.1.
>
> Version 4.4.1 is a bug fixing release.  The bugs fixed in this release
> are listed at the end of this message.

Hi John,

I just discovered that between 4.4.0 and 4.4.1
the API was bumped from  5 to 6
and this broke all the binary forge packages that
I built for 4.4.0 on cygwin.

$ cygcheck -l octave | grep dll
/usr/bin/cygoctave-6.dll
/usr/bin/cygoctgui-4.dll
/usr/bin/cygoctinterp-6.dll

I do not see such change in any point of the announcement

Can you please confirm before I rebuilt all
the forge packages ?

> [...]
>
>    * call delete method correctly for handle class objects ([bug
> #53844](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53844))
>
>    * use 'size_t' for f77 char arg length params with GCC 8 ([bug
> #53872](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53872))
>
>    * Fix 'lrwork' dimension in svd for complex cases ([bug
> #53823](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53823)).
>
>    * 'lines.m': Don't open empty figure or axes if none already exist
> ([bug #53648](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53648))
>
> GUI:
>
>    * gui: fix editor rendering on some displays, disable QScintilla
> buffered drawing
>
> Build system:
>
>    * 'm4/octave_blas_f77_func.m4': Restore 64-bit integer BLAS detection
> ([bug #53853](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53853)).
>
>    * build: include 'inplace_edit.pl' in tarball ([bug
> #54349](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54349)).
>
>    * fix test for 8-byte integer BLAS lib on big-endian systems ([bug
> #53853](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53853))
>
>    * 'OCTAVE_CHECK_LIB': avoid shell syntax error if not checking for lib
>
>    * build: avoid compiler warning about unused function 'abs' ([bug
> #54237](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54237))
>
>    * build: Work around bug in perl 5.28.0 ([bug
> #54202](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54202)).
>
> Documentation:
>
>    * doc: Add version number to top title of HTML manual for clarity.
>
>    * 'flip.m': Update docstring.
>
>    * 'setdiff.m': Fix typo in documentation ([bug
> #54393](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54393)).
>
>    * doc: Replace instances of realroot (non-existent) with realpow
> ([bug #54336](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54336)).
>
>    * 'HACKING.md': Update for recently removed files.
>
>    * remove unused qtinfo source files
>
>    * doc: Remove bad calling convention for warning with a mode struct
> ([bug #54288](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54288))
>
>    * Document work-around for disabling OpenGL software rendering ([bug
> #53845](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53845)).
>
>    * 'xpow.cc (err_nonsquare_matrix)': Clarify error message ([bug
> #54248](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54248)).
>
>    * doc: Miscellaneous documentation fixes all over the manual ([bug
> #54288](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54288)).
>
>    * doc: small fixes to 'size' and 'plot.txi' ([bug
> #54283](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54283)).
>
>    * doc: Clarify description of Example 4 for 'size' ([bug
> #54283](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54283)).
>
>    * doc: Fix malformed URL ([bug
> #54225](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54225)).
>
>    * Fix typo in error statement from containers.Map ([bug
> #54103](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54103)).
>
>    * doc: Use 'qcode' macro to document 'fseek' offsets ([bug
> #51402](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?51402)).
>
>    * Use correct abbreviation UTC for Coordinated Universal Time ([bug
> #53918](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53918)).
>
>    * doc: Rewrite section on indexing for clarity ([bug
> #53675](https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53675)).
>
>    * 'md5sum.m': Fix error in sample code ([bug

---