Quantcast

Re: GraphicsMagick warning

Rik-4
On 04/12/2017 08:04 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Re: test imfinfo.m typo?
From:
Nicholas Jankowski [hidden email]
Date:
04/12/2017 08:04 AM
To:
"Dmitri A. Sergatskov" [hidden email]
CC:
octave-maintainers [hidden email], Soren Hauberg [hidden email], Carnë Draug [hidden email]
Message:
5

On Apr 12, 2017 10:31 AM, "Dmitri A. Sergatskov" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 6:42 AM, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:
​..
if we should keep backwards compatibility.

​I think it should be fixed.​

  maybe it doesn't matter for this if it's new enough. But is it possible to alias such things? Have two labels tie to the same warning if there was a big concern about removing an errant label?

I don't think that is possible at this time.  And its probably not worth the effort to code it.  I would change the warning on the dev branch and make a note about it in the NEWS file.

--Rik

Re: GraphicsMagick warning

Carnë Draug
On 12 April 2017 at 16:57, Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
>> On Apr 12, 2017 10:31 AM, "Dmitri A. Sergatskov" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 6:42 AM, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> ..
>>> if we should keep backwards compatibility.
>>>

>> I think it should be fixed.
>>
>>   maybe it doesn't matter for this if it's new enough. But is it
>>   possible to alias such things? Have two labels tie to the same
>>   warning if there was a big concern about removing an errant label?
>

> I don't think that is possible at this time.  And its probably not
> worth the effort to code it.  I would change the warning on the dev
> branch and make a note about it in the NEWS file.
>
> --Rik

Fixed.  I was going to add a note on the NEWS file but then read
"important user-visible changes" at the top and decided against.

Carnë