Re: Install Video ToolBox into Octave

Andreas Weber-6
Am 08.12.2017 um 01:45 schrieb Kyoung-Su IM:
> My name is Kyoungsu Im and currently, I'm work at LSTC, Livermore,
> California. I'm very happy to use Octave-Forge. I try to install Video
> package in my machine, which has the latest version of the openSUSE,
> openSUSE 42.2 (x86_64). However, I don't know how to install it, so
> would you please let me know how I can install it.

Hi Kyoungsu,
please use the help mailinglist for general questions how to use Octave
and its packages.

Here are details for installing the dependecies in Debian and CentOS,
it should give you an idea howto install the dependencies on suse

http://wiki.octave.org/Video_package

the last step is the same for all: open GNU Octave and execute
"pkg install -forge video"

-- Andy

Re: Install Video ToolBox into Octave

ksim
Following install the video package as,
pkg -install -forge video

It seems the package installed correctly without error message.
However, to test "avifile" function, typed "avifile" on command line and I
got the following error message as,

>> pkg install -forge video
For information about changes from previous versions of the video package,
run 'news video'.
>> avifile
warning: Basic video file support is provided in the video package.  See
`http://octave.sf.net/video/'.
Please read `http://www.octave.org/missing.html' to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.
error: 'avifile' undefined near line 1 column 1

in addition, I don't see any video function and function index.

Please help what is problem here.
Thanks.

Re: Install Video ToolBox into Octave

ksim
Following install the video package as,
pkg -install -forge video

It seems the package installed correctly without error message.
However, to test "avifile" function, typed "avifile" on command line and I
got the following error message as,

>> pkg install -forge video
For information about changes from previous versions of the video package,
run 'news video'.
>> avifile
warning: Basic video file support is provided in the video package.  See
`http://octave.sf.net/video/'.
Please read `http://www.octave.org/missing.html' to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.
error: 'avifile' undefined near line 1 column 1

in addition, I don't see any video function and function index.

Please help what is problem here.
Thanks.

Re: Install Video ToolBox into Octave

tmacchant
> It seems the package installed correctly without error message.
> However, to test "avifile" function, typed "avifile" on
> command line and I
> got the following error message as,
>
>>>  pkg install -forge video
> For information about changes from previous versions of the video package,
> run 'news video'.
>>>  avifile
> warning: Basic video file support is provided in the video package.  See
> `http://octave.sf.net/video/'.
> Please read `http://www.octave.org/missing.html' to learn how you can
> contribute missing functionality.
> error: 'avifile' undefined near line 1 column 1
>>>

> in addition, I don't see any video function and function index.
>
> Please help what is problem here.
> Thanks.

To acitivate video package, you have to run

>> pkg load video

> in addition, I don't see any video function and function index.

See:
https://octave.sourceforge.io/video/overview.html

Tatsuro

Am 11.12.2017 um 23:45 schrieb ksim:
> It seems the package installed correctly without error message.
> However, to test "avifile" function, typed "avifile" on command line and I
> got the following error message as,

This is a FAQ:
http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#I_have_installed_a_package_but_still_get_a_.22foo_undefined.22_error.3F

-- Andy