Quantcast

Re: [OpenBLAS] OpenBLAS 0.1.0 stable version released

Re: [OpenBLAS] OpenBLAS 0.1.0 stable version released

Michael Goffioul
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Xianyi Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just release OpenBLAS 0.1.0 stable version.
>
> The change logs are:

> Version 0.1.0
> 23-Mar-2012
> common:
>         * Set soname of shared library on Linux.
>         * Added LIBNAMESUFFIX flag in Makefile.rule. The user can use
>           this flag to control the library name, e.g. libopenblas.a,
>           libopenblas_ifort.a or libopenblas_omp.a.
>         * Added GEMM_MULTITHREAD_THRESHOLD flag in Makefile.rule.
>           The lib use single thread in GEMM function with small matrices.
> x86/x86_64:
>         * Used GEMV SSE/SSE2 kernels on x86 32-bit.

Tatsuro, Nitzan, and others,

The above change should hopefully solve the spurious crashes of
OpenBLAS on older CPU's. I've followed the issue with Xianyi and
couldn't reproduce the crash I was having on an Atom CPU.

Michael.

Re: [OpenBLAS] OpenBLAS 0.1.0 stable version released

nitnit
I will try that next week.

Thanks
Nitzan

Re: [OpenBLAS] OpenBLAS 0.1.0 stable version released

nitnit
It seems that this version improves the stability for "older pentiums".

I am still having a crash on an older core duo E6420 pentium, when opening multiple fltk figures, however this is not dependent on specific libblas (happens on Tatsuro's refblas and ATLAS based libblas as well). I suspect it might be because of the graphics driver on that machine but I can't prove it.

Thanks for this effort.

Anyone who can test these dlls, please download from https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=03f7acf7a4a62765&resid=3F7ACF7A4A62765!132&parid=3F7ACF7A4A62765!122&authkey=!ANxnqi-7QHzQg74 and test.

Nitzan

Michael Goffioul wrote
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Xianyi Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just release OpenBLAS 0.1.0 stable version.
>
> The change logs are:

> Version 0.1.0
> 23-Mar-2012
> common:
>         * Set soname of shared library on Linux.
>         * Added LIBNAMESUFFIX flag in Makefile.rule. The user can use
>           this flag to control the library name, e.g. libopenblas.a,
>           libopenblas_ifort.a or libopenblas_omp.a.
>         * Added GEMM_MULTITHREAD_THRESHOLD flag in Makefile.rule.
>           The lib use single thread in GEMM function with small matrices.
> x86/x86_64:
>         * Used GEMV SSE/SSE2 kernels on x86 32-bit.

Tatsuro, Nitzan, and others,

The above change should hopefully solve the spurious crashes of
OpenBLAS on older CPU's. I've followed the issue with Xianyi and
couldn't reproduce the crash I was having on an Atom CPU.

Michael.

Re: [OpenBLAS] OpenBLAS 0.1.0 stable version released

xianyi
Hi Nitzan,

Thank you for you feedback!

The netlib refblas is written by Fortran. I think it's sequential, stable and correct.
Thus,  it wasn't a BLAS bug to cause the crash.

Xianyi