Re: Want to work on Chebfun in Octave as my Gsoc-18 project

Re: Want to work on Chebfun in Octave as my Gsoc-18 project

Nir Krakauer-3
On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Saurav Malani <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello sir, from last 1 week I am trying to get in contact with the appropriate mentor for chebfun project, to report him my progress on the project and also to discuss some challenges that I am facing.
     It would be really great, if you can guide me to the appropriate mentor for this project.

On Feb 14, 2018 5:13 AM, Saurav Malani <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello sir,

Glad to hear that Octave is selected this year also for GSoC. As last time about 20 days back I told you that I wanted to work on this project. But, I was a bit busy with my MS research work. And, I was also waiting for the organization list.
     Also, as my research work is on optimization in machine learning using linear algebra. So, I thought it would be great if I utilize this time by focusing on my research as my research topic is closely related to the work I am going to do here.
    Anyways it would be great if you can guide me on the approach I should take to get familiar with this project or to get better understanding.
Like
1.Reference stuffs for approximation theory.
2. How to approach codebase.
      In my research work I am using MATLAB, so I have pretty good understanding of it. So, it would be great help if you help me in relating both w.r.t. developer.

Saurav Malani

Better to keep copying the list. Someone else might be able to help you. I suggest also to review the general pointers on the wiki [1].

[1] http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Steps_Toward_a_Successful_Application

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018