Re: catch_block of eval

Rik-4

My question about what to do for

  eval (try_code, catch_code)

remains.  Does anyone have comments about that?  If not, I can open a bug report so that the issue is not forgotten.

jwe

Unless it is a problem, I would be inclined to keep it.  It is kind of a handy feature, and Octave does like to think of itself as a superset of Matlab.  We can certainly handle the one-input form, but why not handle a two-input form?

--Rik

Re: catch_block of eval

On 1/30/19 11:13 AM, Rik wrote:

>> My question about what to do for
>>
>>   eval (try_code, catch_code)
>>
>> remains.  Does anyone have comments about that?  If not, I can open a
>> bug report so that the issue is not forgotten.
>>
>> jwe
>
> Unless it is a problem, I would be inclined to keep it.  It is kind of a
> handy feature, and Octave does like to think of itself as a superset of
> Matlab.  We can certainly handle the one-input form, but why not handle
> a two-input form?

OK, it seems fine to keep it unless I find a more important reason than
"it makes the implementation simpler".

jwe