Re: doubts regarding the usage of cluster operations in parallel package

Re: doubts regarding the usage of cluster operations in parallel package

Olaf Till-2
On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 11:30:58PM -0700, Prasad K wrote:
> 1) By default the client system (localhost) as given by pconnect
> function does not involve in parallel execution, I want to include
> even the localhost to participate in parallel execution over a
> cluster.

You need to start the server even at the client machine and to include
"localhost" into the list of servers for pconnect.

> 2) There is no error triggering in the netcellfun as in normal
> execution.

Handling of user-function-errors should be the same as for cellfun.

Olaf

Re: doubts regarding the usage of cluster operations in parallel package

Prasad K
Hi Olaf,

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, it worked after including the localhost
in the list of servers.

We found that the user-function-errors on server are logged to /tmp. So, for
now in case server returns an empty cell array, we will take a look at the
/tmp folder of that cluster.

Best regards,
Prasad