Re: libg++ problems building liboctave.a

Re: libg++ problems building liboctave.a

John Eaton-4
Mark Lamourine <[hidden email]> wrote:

: I am trying to build octave 1.0 on a sparc-sun-sunos4.1.3 system.
: I am using gcc-2.6.0 and libg++2.6.
:
: the libloctave modules ColVector, DiagMatrix, Matrix-ext, Matrix and
: RowVector fail to compile.

: I have not yet dived into the sources to figure out how to fix this.
: Has someone done it already?

These problems have been fixed in the development sources, and the
next release of Octave will compile with the new compiler.

I can't promise a release date, but I am working on getting it out
sooner rather than later.

If you are simply interested in trying it out, there are binaries for
SPARCstations running SunOS 4.1.x on ftp.che.utexas.edu in the
directory /pub/octave/BINARIES.

If you have time and are interested in helping to get the current
sources ready for the next release, send me mail.