Re: lint for Octave style

Rik-4
On 08/20/2018 09:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Subject:
lint for checking style guide
From:
octavecontrib [hidden email]
Date:
08/20/2018 07:30 AM
To:
[hidden email]
Message:
2

Is there some type of a lint program which will check for lines that do not conform to the above style guide?

There is no lint program available yet for Octave's style.  For using vim with Octave, see https://wiki.octave.org/Vim.  There is a vim plugin for general syntax highlighting, but I have yet to upgrade it to version 4.4.  It will still work without problems, however, with any 4.4 code.

--Rik

Re: lint for Octave style

octavecontrib
I am currently using the plugin.
To the end of the plugin file, I have added the set tabstop command. So the two space indentation works.

Are there any general purpose linters or pretty printers which can be configured by the user via simple config files to work for octave?

On Monday, August 20, 2018, Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 08/20/2018 09:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Subject:
lint for checking style guide
From:
octavecontrib [hidden email]
Date:
08/20/2018 07:30 AM
To:
[hidden email]
Message:
2

Is there some type of a lint program which will check for lines that do not conform to the above style guide?

There is no lint program available yet for Octave's style.  For using vim with Octave, see https://wiki.octave.org/Vim.  There is a vim plugin for general syntax highlighting, but I have yet to upgrade it to version 4.4.  It will still work without problems, however, with any 4.4 code.

--Rik

Re: lint for Octave style

Sudeepam Pandey
On Tue 21 Aug, 2018, 7:33 AM octavecontrib, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am currently using the plugin.
To the end of the plugin file, I have added the set tabstop command. So the two space indentation works.

Are there any general purpose linters or pretty printers which can be configured by the user via simple config files to work for octave?

This[1] may be helpful for you.

On Monday, August 20, 2018, Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 08/20/2018 09:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Subject:
lint for checking style guide
From:
octavecontrib [hidden email]
Date:
08/20/2018 07:30 AM
To:
[hidden email]
Message:
2

Is there some type of a lint program which will check for lines that do not conform to the above style guide?

There is no lint program available yet for Octave's style.  For using vim with Octave, see https://wiki.octave.org/Vim.  There is a vim plugin for general syntax highlighting, but I have yet to upgrade it to version 4.4.  It will still work without problems, however, with any 4.4 code.

--Rik

Re: lint for Octave style

octavecontrib
I will take a look at it.
Thanks.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 11:21 AM Sudeepam Pandey <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue 21 Aug, 2018, 7:33 AM octavecontrib, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am currently using the plugin.
To the end of the plugin file, I have added the set tabstop command. So the two space indentation works.

Are there any general purpose linters or pretty printers which can be configured by the user via simple config files to work for octave?

This[1] may be helpful for you.

On Monday, August 20, 2018, Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 08/20/2018 09:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
Subject:
lint for checking style guide
From:
octavecontrib [hidden email]