Re: list of octave functions

Rik-4
On 04/26/2018 12:27 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Subject: > Re: Proceeding with the GSoC Project > From: > Sudeepam Pandey [hidden email] > Date: > 04/26/2018 12:26 PM > To: > Nicholas Jankowski [hidden email] > CC: > Doug Stewart [hidden email], octave-maintainers [hidden email] > List-Post: > [hidden email] > Precedence: > list > MIME-Version: > 1.0 > References: > [hidden email] [hidden email] [hidden email] [hidden email] [hidden email] [hidden email] > In-Reply-To: > [hidden email] > Message-ID: > [hidden email] > Content-Type: > multipart/alternative; boundary="f4f5e80df9c8079925056ac55fea" > Message: > 3 > > So I have set up my blog at [1] and a public repository at [2]. > > My public repo at bitbucket contains a branch by the name of "Did_you_mean" where I plan to push all the small changes that I make to my project. Then a large change-set can be pushed to the default branch. > > a) Please take a look at these and inform me about anything that you'd like changed. > b) Kindly, also inform me about anything that needs to be done after setting up the repo and the blog, > > Other than that, can anyone direct me to a link where all the existing functions of GNU Octave can be found in the form of a list? I know about this[3] link but over here, a description of the function is included with the function name. I essentially require, only the function names and so if I copy anything from this page, I'll have to clean it up first. If a list exists then its good otherwise I'll just proceed with the comprehensive list on that page. >
For a list of functions, use this script:

list_func.m:

## List of all builtin (C++) functions and m-file functions
funcs = vertcat (__builtins__ (), __list_functions__ ());

## Write list to file
fid = fopen ("all_funcs.tmp", "w");
if (fid == -1)
  error ("Unable to open temporary file all_funcs.tmp.  Aborting...\n");
endif
fprintf (fid, "%s\n", funcs{:});
fclose (fid);

And execute with

run-octave -f list_func.m

If you are interested in also having keywords, then add in a call to iskeyword() in the call to vertcat.

--Rik

Re: list of octave functions

Sudeepam Pandey

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 2:08 AM, Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 04/26/2018 12:27 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Subject: > Re: Proceeding with the GSoC Project > From: > Sudeepam Pandey [hidden email] > Date: > 04/26/2018 12:26 PM > To: > Nicholas Jankowski [hidden email] > CC: > Doug Stewart [hidden email], octave-maintainers [hidden email] > List-Post: > [hidden email] > Precedence: > list > MIME-Version: > 1.0 > References: > [hidden email] [hidden email] [hidden email] [hidden email] [hidden email] [hidden email] > In-Reply-To: > [hidden email] > Message-ID: > [hidden email] > Content-Type: > multipart/alternative; boundary="f4f5e80df9c8079925056ac55fea" > Message: > 3 > > So I have set up my blog at [1] and a public repository at [2]. > > My public repo at bitbucket contains a branch by the name of "Did_you_mean" where I plan to push all the small changes that I make to my project. Then a large change-set can be pushed to the default branch. > > a) Please take a look at these and inform me about anything that you'd like changed. > b) Kindly, also inform me about anything that needs to be done after setting up the repo and the blog, > > Other than that, can anyone direct me to a link where all the existing functions of GNU Octave can be found in the form of a list? I know about this[3] link but over here, a description of the function is included with the function name. I essentially require, only the function names and so if I copy anything from this page, I'll have to clean it up first. If a list exists then its good otherwise I'll just proceed with the comprehensive list on that page. >
For a list of functions, use this script:

list_func.m:

## List of all builtin (C++) functions and m-file functions
funcs = vertcat (__builtins__ (), __list_functions__ ());

## Write list to file
fid = fopen ("all_funcs.tmp", "w");
if (fid == -1)
  error ("Unable to open temporary file all_funcs.tmp.  Aborting...\n");
endif
fprintf (fid, "%s\n", funcs{:});
fclose (fid);

And execute with

run-octave -f list_func.m

If you are interested in also having keywords, then add in a call to iskeyword() in the call to vertcat.

--Rik

Thank you for your help. Rik.

Re: list of octave functions

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2