Re: manually installing packages

nrjank
> Is there any other way to get the communications package running with
> manual installation? Background: I can not use the python installer due
> to a lack of admin rights.

what exactly do you mean 'manual installation'?  I almost always use
the zip-file to install Octave. This does not require Administrative
permissions if you install to permitted space on the disk. Then
installing/updating most packages give little problem. Certain
packages aren't compatible/can't be built on Windows, but I didn't
think communications was one of those. Unless I'm mistaken, either of
the following should work:

>>pkg install -forge communications
or
>>pkg install communications-.tar.gz

Both the zip and exe installers come with the communications package,
among others.  For the zip package you need to type 'pkg rebuild'
after installing so Octave can see all of the pre-installed packages.

Nick J.

Re: manually installing packages

juergen.goebel@hensoldt.net
This post was updated on .