Re: xmlread: no Java JRE or JDK detected

Re: xmlread: no Java JRE or JDK detected

tmacchant

Re: xmlread: no Java JRE or JDK detected

Bagus Tris Atmaja
You need to specify the JAVA_HOME path when configuring,
It also happened on some Linux.

./configure JAVA_HOME=/path/to/java

It should be something similar on Windows.

Bagus Tris Atmaja  (バグストリスアトマじゃ)
研究生、北陸先端科学技術大学院大学

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 4:30 AM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <[hidden email]> wrote:
> New user here 4.2.2 on windows 7 having difficulty getting Java to run to
> support xmlread - is there a specific version of java that I should install
> for 4.2.2? I currently have java 1.8.0_40
>
> Many thanks indeed for your help,
>
> Neil.

Perhaps you install octave and JRE for different bit version (32 or 64 bit).

Almost case you install 64bit octave and 32 bit JRE.|

If you install octave from octave-4.2.2-w64*.*,
you should install 64bit JRE.

Search by keywords '64 bit JRE Oracle' and install
64 JRE.

Tatsuro

Re: xmlread: no Java JRE or JDK detected

PhilipNienhuis
Bagus Tris Atmaja wrote
> You need to specify the JAVA_HOME path when configuring,
> It also happened on some Linux.
>
> ./configure JAVA_HOME=/path/to/java
>
> It should be something similar on Windows.

On Windows JAVA_HOME isn't needed, Octave finds the Java JRE through the
registry. Moreover, currently Octave for Windows is cross-built on Linux so
configuring is not relevant here.

However, I just discovered that Octave on Windows has issues detecting Java
9, see bug 53520 (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?53520).
So does the OP have Java 9 installed?

Philip