Reading .accdb database file in Octave - how to do it?

Reading .accdb database file in Octave - how to do it?

line_terminator
Hi,

I have spent a lot of hours searching for a reliable way to connect to Microsoft Access database (in .accdb format) using Octave. I use Octave 4.0.3 on Windows 8.1. Unfortunately, the Internet, although endless, does not contain many information about connecting to databases in Octave. I did not find any clear instructions with specified software to use.
Any help will be appreciated!

Re: Reading .accdb database file in Octave - how to do it?

tmacchant
> I have spent a lot of hours searching for a reliable way to connect to
> Microsoft Access database (in .accdb format) using Octave. I use Octave
> 4.0.3 on Windows 8.1. Unfortunately, the Internet, although endless, does
> not contain many information about connecting to databases in Octave. I did
> not find any clear instructions with specified software to use.
> Any help will be appreciated!
>
> Regards,

I am not a database user and have not been used database software so that my writing is not always correct.

AFAIK, octave ver. 4 for windows has database octaveforge-package but it only supports postgresql.

https://octave.sourceforge.io/database/index.html

You may have to convert your database from access format to postgresql format.

A quick google search I found the following convert tool.

http://www.bullzip.com/products/a2p/info.php