Recover file deleted

turbofib
hi, i've delete a file .m into octave

it's possible to recover it?

i follow this link :

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Recover.html

but it give me this error:

>> M-x recover-file <RET> AlimentaTradeLive.c <RET>
parse error:

  syntax error

Re: Recover file deleted

turbofib
it's possible recover it? thanks

Re: Recover file deleted

Mike Miller-4
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 12:46:29 -0500, turbofib wrote:
> hi, i've delete a file .m into octave
>
> it's possible to recover it?

The answer to that is the same as deleting any file on any computer
system. Octave has no special tools to recover deleted files, please
consule with your operating system or other user support forums.

> i follow this link :
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Recover.html
>
> but it give me this error:
>
> >> M-x recover-file <RET> AlimentaTradeLive.c <RET>

You have followed a link to the GNU Emacs user manual, this has nothing
to do with Octave.

Re: Recover file deleted

turbofib

Re: Recover file deleted

Mike Miller-4
On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 00:05:09 -0500, turbofib wrote:
> i delete it
>
> https://gyazo.com/792738928f030883f7a0f95b644d2d68
>
> but in trash i can't see it
>
> https://gyazo.com/1f7054bbfda6412765a86f08f24024d5
>
> i don't understand it

Let me rephrase it then. When a file is deleted in Octave, it is the
same as deleting a file permanently in any other context. Octave does
not use the Trash or Recycle Bin facilities when deleting files.