Release Checklist for 4.4

Rik-4
All,

I borrowed the release checklist from 4.2 for the 4.4 release.  It is set
up on the wiki at https://wiki.octave.org/4.4.0_Release_Checklist.

--Rik

Re: Release Checklist for 4.4

Daniel Sebald
On 03/22/2018 11:40 PM, Rik wrote:
> All,
>
> I borrowed the release checklist from 4.2 for the 4.4 release.  It is set
> up on the wiki at https://wiki.octave.org/4.4.0_Release_Checklist.

For the variable editor and more generally GUI, here's a list:

(blocker) bug #53409: Variable Editor QDockWidget panels not movable in
KDE / Plasma Qt 4.4.8.7
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53409
[Now also includes Qt versions 5.6.1 through 5.7.0, thus making this one
pretty important.]

(blocker) bug #53392: [GUI] Octave crashes when moving Documentation
pane within GUI onto another pane
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53392

(blocker) bug #53276: GUI: undocked panes cannot be moved, or resized
along upper border
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53276
[This is actually a fairly extensive change that re-activates the
default float/dock mechanisms including drag/drop outside the GUI and
title-bar double click float/dock.  Bug #53409 above is complicating
testing for some KDE users.]

bug #52797: Undocked windows are small and of fixed size with KDE
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52797
[The fix for Bug #53276 above will also cover this bug.]

bug #53410: Variable Editor: Title bar doesn't highlight according to
focus rules
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53410
[Will require testing to get user preference, but the current changeset
attached should be adequate for release.  Without the patch, will get
many complaints from users, after the patch might get a few complaints.]

bug #53443: Variable Editor: openvar VAR should show the tab on which
the variable editor is
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53443
[Not top priority, but should be easy fix.]

Dan

Re: Release Checklist for 4.4

On 03/23/2018 12:39 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
> On 03/22/2018 11:40 PM, Rik wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I borrowed the release checklist from 4.2 for the 4.4 release.  It is set
>> up on the wiki at https://wiki.octave.org/4.4.0_Release_Checklist.
>
> For the variable editor and more generally GUI, here's a list:

Thanks for this list.  I see about 16 open bugs for the variable editor
and was about to ask which ones are most important for the release.
I'll take a look at these now and try to give feedback or fix what I can.

Re: Bug Fix List for 4.4

Rik-4
On 03/23/2018 09:39 AM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

> On 03/22/2018 11:40 PM, Rik wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I borrowed the release checklist from 4.2 for the 4.4 release.  It is set
>> up on the wiki at https://wiki.octave.org/4.4.0_Release_Checklist.
>
> For the variable editor and more generally GUI, here's a list:
>
> (blocker) bug #53409: Variable Editor QDockWidget panels not movable in
> KDE / Plasma Qt 4.4.8.7
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53409
> [Now also includes Qt versions 5.6.1 through 5.7.0, thus making this one
> pretty important.]
>
> (blocker) bug #53392: [GUI] Octave crashes when moving Documentation pane
> within GUI onto another pane
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53392
>
> (blocker) bug #53276: GUI: undocked panes cannot be moved, or resized
> along upper border
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53276
> [This is actually a fairly extensive change that re-activates the default
> float/dock mechanisms including drag/drop outside the GUI and title-bar
> double click float/dock.  Bug #53409 above is complicating testing for
> some KDE users.]
>
> bug #52797: Undocked windows are small and of fixed size with KDE
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52797
> [The fix for Bug #53276 above will also cover this bug.]
>
> bug #53410: Variable Editor: Title bar doesn't highlight according to
> focus rules
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53410
> [Will require testing to get user preference, but the current changeset
> attached should be adequate for release.  Without the patch, will get
> many complaints from users, after the patch might get a few complaints.]
>
> bug #53443: Variable Editor: openvar VAR should show the tab on which the
> variable editor is
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53443
> [Not top priority, but should be easy fix.]
>
> Dan

Someone made a page listing bugs to fix for the 4.4 release so I added your
Variable Editor bugs there.  See
https://wiki.octave.org/Bug_Fix_List_-_4.4.0_Release.

--Rik

Re: Bug Fix List for 4.4

Daniel Sebald
On 03/26/2018 06:57 PM, Rik wrote:
> On 03/23/2018 09:39 AM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
>> On 03/22/2018 11:40 PM, Rik wrote:
[snip]
> Someone made a page listing bugs to fix for the 4.4 release so I added your
> Variable Editor bugs there.  See
> https://wiki.octave.org/Bug_Fix_List_-_4.4.0_Release.

OK.  Please evaluated this bug report for possible inclusion in the plot
category:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53475

Dan