Running the program simultaneously on client and server clusters with parallel package

Running the program simultaneously on client and server clusters with parallel package

Prasad K
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

In a client and server cluster configuration, we are able to run a program on server cluster from client. Is there a way to use the cores of both client and server clusters simultaneously?

FYI, we are using parallel package v3.1.2.

By default the client system (localhost) as given by pconnect function does not involve in parallel execution, we want to include even the localhost also to participate in parallel execution over a cluster. For example, https://octave.sourceforge.io/parallel/function/netcellfun.html suggests that local machine can take part in parallel execution with netcellfun. However, we could not figure out how to use it.

We are using a cloud service to evaluate this and right now unable to make progress due to this. We would very much appreciate your providing an example or valuable suggestions in this regard?

Thank you,
Prasad