SF push permissions?

Doug Stewart-4

I have lots of fixes to push to sf control pkg, but it says 403 forbidden

I tried going to sf and I can log in with my sf username and password,
so I think I gave the correct username and password but
I still get 403 forbidden

Any ideas ??

DASCertificate for 206392

Re: SF push permissions?

Doug Stewart-4
Do I still have push permissions on the control pkg?
Mt SF name is dougstewart

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 1:53 PM Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have lots of fixes to push to sf control pkg, but it says 403 forbidden

I tried going to sf and I can log in with my sf username and password,
so I think I gave the correct username and password but
I still get 403 forbidden

Any ideas ??

--
DASCertificate for 206392

DASCertificate for 206392

Re: SF push permissions?

Carnë Draug
On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 12:25, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 1:53 PM Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have lots of fixes to push to sf control pkg, but it says 403 forbidden
>>
>> I tried going to sf and I can log in with my sf username and password,
>> so I think I gave the correct username and password but
>> I still get 403 forbidden
>>
>> Any ideas ??
>>

> Do I still have push permissions on the control pkg?
> Mt SF name is dougstewart

You do.  I can confirm that the account Doug Stewart (dougstewart)
appears listed.  If you add your ssh keys to your SF account, then you
should have something like this on your repo .hg/hgrc:

    [paths]
    default = ssh://[hidden email]/p/octave/control

Re: SF push permissions?

Doug Stewart-4

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 8:04 AM Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 12:25, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 1:53 PM Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have lots of fixes to push to sf control pkg, but it says 403 forbidden
>>
>> I tried going to sf and I can log in with my sf username and password,
>> so I think I gave the correct username and password but
>> I still get 403 forbidden
>>
>> Any ideas ??
>>

> Do I still have push permissions on the control pkg?
> Mt SF name is dougstewart

You do.  I can confirm that the account Doug Stewart (dougstewart)
appears listed.  If you add your ssh keys to your SF account, then you
should have something like this on your repo .hg/hgrc:

    [paths]
    default = ssh://dougstewart@.../p/octave/control

I was using a command like this:

Should this still work? I get a 403 message
I have not used ssh in the past.

DASCertificate for 206392

Re: SF push permissions?

Carnë Draug
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 17:02, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 8:04 AM Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Do I still have push permissions on the control pkg?
>> > Mt SF name is dougstewart
>>
>> You do.  I can confirm that the account Doug Stewart (dougstewart)
>> appears listed.  If you add your ssh keys to your SF account, then you
>> should have something like this on your repo .hg/hgrc:
>>
>>     [paths]
>>     default = ssh://[hidden email]/p/octave/control
>
> I was using a command like this:
>  http://dougStewart:pasword@.../p/octave/control
> Should this still work? I get a 403 message

I don't know if it should but I'm glad it doesn't. Sending the
password as part of the URL over http seems a bad idea.

Try https://dougstewart@.../p/octave/control and then enter
the password once it is requested.

Re: SF push permissions?

Doug Stewart-4

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 1:07 PM Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 17:02, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 8:04 AM Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Do I still have push permissions on the control pkg?
>> > Mt SF name is dougstewart
>>
>> You do.  I can confirm that the account Doug Stewart (dougstewart)
>> appears listed.  If you add your ssh keys to your SF account, then you
>> should have something like this on your repo .hg/hgrc:
>>
>>     [paths]
>>     default = ssh://dougstewart@.../p/octave/control
>
> I was using a command like this:
http://dougStewart:pasword@.../p/octave/control
> Should this still work? I get a 403 message

I don't know if it should but I'm glad it doesn't. Sending the
password as part of the URL over http seems a bad idea.

Try https://dougstewart@.../p/octave/control and then enter
the password once it is requested.

Thank you very much!
That worked.
I am also trying to set up ssh.

DASCertificate for 206392

Re: SF push permissions?

Doug Stewart-4

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 1:28 PM Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 1:07 PM Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 17:02, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 8:04 AM Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Do I still have push permissions on the control pkg?
>> > Mt SF name is dougstewart
>>
>> You do.  I can confirm that the account Doug Stewart (dougstewart)
>> appears listed.  If you add your ssh keys to your SF account, then you
>> should have something like this on your repo .hg/hgrc:
>>
>>     [paths]
>>     default = ssh://dougstewart@.../p/octave/control
>
> I was using a command like this:
http://dougStewart:pasword@.../p/octave/control
> Should this still work? I get a 403 message

I don't know if it should but I'm glad it doesn't. Sending the
password as part of the URL over http seems a bad idea.

Try https://dougstewart@.../p/octave/control and then enter
the password once it is requested.

Thank you very much!
That worked.
I am also trying to set up ssh.

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Thank you again  Carnë Draug
I have the ssh  system working now.
I had to try it manually to get it registered as a trusted place.

--
DASCertificate for 206392