SUBPLOTSCROLL

Jay Shah
Hello Octave community,

My end application is geared towards plotting electrical signals in a subplot. The problem is that when I use GNUPLOT/fltk/qt through graphics toolbox, none of them create a scroll bar if I have more than a few subplots. Instead, it tries to squeeze all such subplots inside the given window dimensions. To give you some context, is it possible to have a scroll bar in plot window containing N number of subplots - with each subplot having a minimum width and height (so that they don’t get squeezed due to window size) ... something similar to https://blogs.mathworks.com/pick/2011/11/23/scrolling-figures-guis/

Thanks.
Jay

Re: SUBPLOTSCROLL

Svetlana A. Tkachenko
Dear Jay,

> none of them create a scroll bar if I have more than a few subplots. Instead, it tries to squeeze all such subplots inside the given window dimensions.

Perhaps as a workaround either export the plots to image files and manipulate that to achieve the desired output (URL: https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Printing-and-Saving-Plots.html) or  use a uipanel with a slider control  ` uicontrol('Style','Slider', ... )` (URL: https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/v4.0.1/UI-Elements.html).

-- Sveta