Saving PNG to ODF file

themattdiaz
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Saving PNG to ODF file

siko1056
themattdiaz wrote
Hello,

At the moment I have a code that reads data from a sensor and saves it to a csv file. The code then opens a batch file that calls a python function, csv2odf, which converts the csv into a ODF file with a template of my choosing.

I then have a separate code that reads the orignal csv file and creates a histogram of it and saves it as a PNG. What I have been doing is copy-pasting the PNG into the ODf file. What I want to do however is simply create the report all in one go. So my question is how can I merge these two codes together? Basically I want to save the PNG image to the ODF file that is created using the csv2odf function.

Thanks
How is your question Octave related? All I see is, you are generating an histogram (maybe using Octave? You didn't say so explicitly?) and save it as PNG. What csv2odf python function do you use? Maybe this one [1]? Wasn't it easier for your workflow to ask the author of [1] how to include some graphic? Maybe you can modify his code, as it is GPL free software.

Kai.

[1]: https://sourceforge.net/p/csv2odf/wiki/Main_Page/