Saving a file on SCiTE window

Mphumzi Tshentu
Good day

I create a file on SciTE window and save it. I go back to Octave to open the file and Octave give an error for an example, Error Ex1, undefined near line 2 column1.

Can you please help

Thanks
Mphumzi

Re: Saving a file on SCiTE window

siko1056
Mphumzi Tshentu wrote
Good day

I create a file on SciTE window and save it. I go back to Octave to open
the file and Octave give an error for an example, Error Ex1, undefined near
line 2 column1.

Can you please help

Thanks
Mphumzi
Dear Mphumzi,

Answering a few questions might help us to help you:

1. What was the exact file name and path of the file you created using SciTE? Basically it doesn't matter what editor you used to create an Octave file, except for you are using MS Word or alike.
2. Did you create a script file, a function file, or a class file?
3. Can you post your file (at least the relevant first lines)?
4. What do you mean by "open"? Running a script file, calling a function, or open it in Octave's builtin editor?
5. Which commands did you enter for step 4.?
6. In case you wrote a script file you are calling, did you define a variable "Ex1" there or are you trying to call a function that is not present in your current directory?

HTH,
Kai