Signal is install but it doesn't work

Matthieu MORISSE
Dear Octave support,

I have GNU Octave, version 4.0.3 on my MacBook Pro with macOS Sierra 10.12.3.

In the contexte of my work, I need to create filter, that's why I installed the package control 3.0.0 and signal 1.3.2. Of course, I loaded before launch my program.

However, I have this message :

>> Sensor
warning: the 'dfilt' function belongs to the signal package from Octave Forge but has not yet been implemented.

Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.
warning: called from __unimplemented__ at line 524 column 5
Sensor at line 9 column 4
error: 'dfilt' undefined near line 9 column 6
error: called from
 Sensor at line 9 column 4

>> pkg list
Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
--------------+---------+-----------------------
    control *|   3.0.0 | /Users/Shiva/octave/control-3.0.0
            io *|   2.4.5 | /Users/Shiva/octave/io-2.4.5
     signal *|   1.3.2 | /Users/Shiva/octave/signal-1.3.2

What I have to do to resolve this problem and use dfilt function ?

Thank you for your help

Best Regards,
Matthieu MORISSE

Re: Signal is install but it doesn't work

James Sherman
On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Matthieu MORISSE
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Octave support,
>
> I have GNU Octave, version 4.0.3 on my MacBook Pro with macOS Sierra
> 10.12.3.
>
> In the contexte of my work, I need to create filter, that's why I installed
> the package control 3.0.0 and signal 1.3.2. Of course, I loaded before
> launch my program.
>
> However, I have this message :
>
>>> Sensor
> warning: the 'dfilt' function belongs to the signal package from Octave
> Forge but has not yet been implemented.
>
> Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
> contribute missing functionality.
> warning: called from __unimplemented__ at line 524 column 5
> Sensor at line 9 column 4
> error: 'dfilt' undefined near line 9 column 6
> error: called from
>  Sensor at line 9 column 4
>
>>> pkg list
> Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
> --------------+---------+-----------------------
>     control *|   3.0.0 | /Users/Shiva/octave/control-3.0.0
>             io *|   2.4.5 | /Users/Shiva/octave/io-2.4.5
>      signal *|   1.3.2 | /Users/Shiva/octave/signal-1.3.2
>

> What I have to do to resolve this problem and use dfilt function ?
>

> Thank you for your help
>
> Best Regards,
> Matthieu MORISSE

Hi Matthieu,

As the error message states, the dfilt function is not yet implemented
in Octave, so if you do not have the expertise to program said
function, probably the best course of action is to see if another
function can do the job for you.  You can see a list of functions in
the signal package on the octave forge site:

https://octave.sourceforge.io/signal/overview.html

I'm not sure what the dfilt function does or what you want to use it
to do, but just from the name, maybe one of the functions in the FIR
Filter Design category will do a similar task?

Hope this helps,

James Sherman Jr.

Re: Signal is install but it doesn't work

Doug Stewart-4

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Matthieu MORISSE <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Octave support,

I have GNU Octave, version 4.0.3 on my MacBook Pro with macOS Sierra 10.12.3.

In the contexte of my work, I need to create filter, that's why I installed the package control 3.0.0 and signal 1.3.2. Of course, I loaded before launch my program.

However, I have this message :

>> Sensor
warning: the 'dfilt' function belongs to the signal package from Octave Forge but has not yet been implemented.

Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.
warning: called from __unimplemented__ at line 524 column 5
Sensor at line 9 column 4
error: 'dfilt' undefined near line 9 column 6
error: called from
 Sensor at line 9 column 4

>> pkg list
Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
--------------+---------+-----------------------
    control *|   3.0.0 | /Users/Shiva/octave/control-3.0.0
            io *|   2.4.5 | /Users/Shiva/octave/io-2.4.5
     signal *|   1.3.2 | /Users/Shiva/octave/signal-1.3.2

What I have to do to resolve this problem and use dfilt function ?

Thank you for your help

Best Regards,
Matthieu MORISSE

It seems that dfilt is not implemented yet.

There are other ways to make filters.
What kind of filter do you want?

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: Signal is install but it doesn't work

Matthieu MORISSE
First of all,

I would like to thank you for your very fast reponse.

This is my program, i would like to build butterworth filter:

clear all
planilha=csvread('2_Leticia_MWV1_Rep_2.3.csv','A2:CX49062');
s1_emg=planilha(:,1:2);
T = s1_emg(:,1);
A = s1_emg(:,2);
fe = 1/(s1_emg(2,1)-s1_emg(1,1));
[b,a]=butter(5,10/fe/2);
Hd = dfilt.df2(b,a);
Afilt =filtfilt(b,a,A);
Plot(T(1:end-1),Afilt)

Thank you again

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Matthieu MORISSE <[hidden email]> wrote:
First of all,

I would like to thank you for your very fast reponse.

This is my program, i would like to build butterworth filter:

clear all
planilha=csvread('2_Leticia_MWV1_Rep_2.3.csv','A2:CX49062');
s1_emg=planilha(:,1:2);
T = s1_emg(:,1);
A = s1_emg(:,2);
fe = 1/(s1_emg(2,1)-s1_emg(1,1));
[b,a]=butter(5,10/fe/2);

are you sure the next line does anything?
remove it and see what happens.

Hd = dfilt.df2(b,a);

Afilt =filtfilt(b,a,A);
Plot(T(1:end-1),Afilt)

Thank you again

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> First of all,
>
> I would like to thank you for your very fast reponse.
>

> This is my program, i would like to build butterworth filter:
>
> clear all
> planilha=csvread('2_Leticia_MWV1_Rep_2.3.csv','A2:CX49062');
> s1_emg=planilha(:,1:2);
> T = s1_emg(:,1);
> A = s1_emg(:,2);
> fe = 1/(s1_emg(2,1)-s1_emg(1,1));
> [b,a]=butter(5,10/fe/2);
> Hd = dfilt.df2(b,a);
> Afilt =filtfilt(b,a,A);
> Plot(T(1:end-1),Afilt)
>

> Thank you again

>> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Matthieu MORISSE
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Dear Octave support,
>> >
>> > I have GNU Octave, version 4.0.3 on my MacBook Pro with macOS Sierra
>> > 10.12.3.
>> >
>> > In the contexte of my work, I need to create filter, that's why I
>> > installed
>> > the package control 3.0.0 and signal 1.3.2. Of course, I loaded before
>> > launch my program.
>> >
>> > However, I have this message :

>> > warning: the 'dfilt' function belongs to the signal package from Octave
>> > Forge but has not yet been implemented.
>> >
>> > Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
>> > contribute missing functionality.
>> > warning: called from __unimplemented__ at line 524 column 5
>> > Sensor at line 9 column 4
>> > error: 'dfilt' undefined near line 9 column 6
>> > error: called from
>> >  Sensor at line 9 column 4

>> > Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
>> > --------------+---------+-----------------------
>> >     control *|   3.0.0 | /Users/Shiva/octave/control-3.0.0
>> >             io *|   2.4.5 | /Users/Shiva/octave/io-2.4.5
>> >      signal *|   1.3.2 | /Users/Shiva/octave/signal-1.3.2
>> >

>> > What I have to do to resolve this problem and use dfilt function ?
>> >

>> > Thank you for your help
>> >
>> > Best Regards,
>> > Matthieu MORISSE

>> Hi Matthieu,
>>
>> As the error message states, the dfilt function is not yet implemented
>> in Octave, so if you do not have the expertise to program said
>> function, probably the best course of action is to see if another
>> function can do the job for you.  You can see a list of functions in
>> the signal package on the octave forge site:
>>
>> https://octave.sourceforge.io/signal/overview.html
>>
>> I'm not sure what the dfilt function does or what you want to use it
>> to do, but just from the name, maybe one of the functions in the FIR
>> Filter Design category will do a similar task?
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> James Sherman Jr.

Hi Matthieu,

Your code doesn't seem to help much (for me), since the code doesn't
even use the Hd variable that is the output from dfilt?  What does the
variable Hd do? or What is it used for?  It seems to me that the
function call to butter does the job of finding of the butterworth
filter coefficients.

Also, please use bottom posting of replies.  It makes following the
thread/discussion much easier to do.

James Sherman Jr.