Skipping style checks for code base

Rik-4
jwe,

I know you have something like a 10,000 line patch waiting to apply to the development branch.  I propose that we skip item 7 of the release process,

Style-check code base
  • This will produce lots of whitespace changes, but no behavior changes
  • Must occur after patches have been added since whitespace changes can prevent patches from applying
  • m-file style check. Completion Date:
  • C++ style check. Completion Date:

because it is likely to make the merge unnecessarily complicated.

--Rik

Re: Skipping style checks for code base

On 1/11/19 8:33 PM, Rik wrote:

> jwe,
>
> I know you have something like a 10,000 line patch waiting to apply to
> the development branch.  I propose that we skip item 7 of the release
> process,
>
> Style-check code base
>
>   * This will produce lots of whitespace changes, but no behavior changes
>   * Must occur after patches have been added since whitespace changes
>     can prevent patches from applying
>   * m-file style check. Completion Date:
>   * C++ style check. Completion Date:
>
> because it is likely to make the merge unnecessarily complicated.

I've been merging default with my changes frequently but I can't say for
sure that style changes wouldn't cause trouble.  Since fixing style is a
fairly low priority item, it's fine with me to skip this step for this
release.