Some questions for the Octave.

김정성

Hello, I am Jungsung, Samsung electronics engineer.

I wanna use the Octave, so I ask some questions.

Can I use this S/W in the company(Samsung electronics)?

I mean, is it free for the enterpirse user?

And are there any restrictions on using the windows version?

For reference, in my case I don't make any commercial tools, but I will only do calculations for research.

Answers I'll wait.

Best regards.

Thank you.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

  김 정 성

Jungsung Kim, Ph.D / Principal Engineer

LED Development Group / LED Business

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS Co., Ltd.

Office  : 070-7142-0502              Mobile : 010-4506-0506

E-mail : [hidden email]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Some questions for the Octave.

marco atzeri-2
On 08/03/2018 10:15, 김정성 wrote:

> Hello, I am Jungsung, Samsung electronics engineer.
>
> I wanna use the Octave, so I ask some questions.
>
> Can I use this S/W in the company(Samsung electronics)?
>
> I mean, is it free for the enterpirse user?
>
> And are there any restrictions on using the windows version?
>
> For reference, in my case I don't make any commercial tools, but I will
> only do calculations for research.
>
> Answers I'll wait.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Thank you.

Hi JungSung

No restriction on usage of any type.

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Distribution.html#Distribution

The restriction are changes that will maintain the same license

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Copying.html#Copying

Enjoy Octave
Marco