Spacing of legend box to axes

Rik-4
I know everyone has different aesthetics, but I'm interested in whether
there is a strong preference between the two spacings of the legend box
shown below.

--Rik

old_spacing.png (33K) Download Attachment
new_spacing.png (33K) Download Attachment

Re: Spacing of legend box to axes

bpabbott
Administrator
> On Dec 15, 2018, at 09:14, Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I know everyone has different aesthetics, but I'm interested in whether
> there is a strong preference between the two spacings of the legend box
> shown below.
>
> --Rik
> <old_spacing.png>
> <new_spacing.png>

Rik,

I prefer the new spacing.

Ben

Re: Spacing of legend box to axes

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 1:23 AM Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On Dec 15, 2018, at 09:14, Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I know everyone has different aesthetics, but I'm interested in whether
> > there is a strong preference between the two spacings of the legend box
> > shown below.
> >
> > --Rik
> > <old_spacing.png>
> > <new_spacing.png>
>
> Rik,
>
> I prefer the new spacing.
>
> Ben

I must admit I am blind to the difference, so no preference here.

Re: Spacing of legend box to axes

Pantxo
Rik-4 wrote

> I know everyone has different aesthetics, but I'm interested in whether
> there is a strong preference between the two spacings of the legend box
> shown below.
>
> --Rik
>

> old_spacing.png (33K)
> &lt;http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4690416/0/old_spacing.png&gt;
> new_spacing.png (33K)
> &lt;http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4690416/1/new_spacing.png&gt;

+1 for new spacing.

Pantxo

Re: Spacing of legend box to axes

marco atzeri-2
Am 15.12.2018 um 01:45 schrieb Juan Pablo Carbajal:

> On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 1:23 AM Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Dec 15, 2018, at 09:14, Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I know everyone has different aesthetics, but I'm interested in whether
>>> there is a strong preference between the two spacings of the legend box
>>> shown below.
>>>
>>> --Rik
>>> <old_spacing.png>
>>> <new_spacing.png>
>>
>> Rik,
>>
>> I prefer the new spacing.
>>
>> Ben
>>

> I must admit I am blind to the difference, so no preference here.

the legend box hits the ticks in the old and there is some
space in the new

I prefer the new

---