Sparse matrix

Clinton Winant-2
Could anyone explain how these are stored internally.  For example if A(ny,nx) is sparse, and I write A(ky,kx) where ky and kx are subsets of ny,nx, How does Octave accomplish that?

Re: Sparse matrix

marco atzeri-2
On 12/06/2017 09:08, Clinton Winant wrote:
> Could anyone explain how these are stored internally.  For example if
> A(ny,nx) is sparse, and I write A(ky,kx) where ky and kx are subsets of
> ny,nx, How does Octave accomplish that?

https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Storage-of-Sparse-Matrices.html#Storage-of-Sparse-Matrices

Regards
Marco

Re: Sparse matrix

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 12 Jun 2017, at 13:02, Marco Atzeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 12/06/2017 09:08, Clinton Winant wrote:
>> Could anyone explain how these are stored internally.  For example if
>> A(ny,nx) is sparse, and I write A(ky,kx) where ky and kx are subsets of
>> ny,nx, How does Octave accomplish that?
>>

> https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Storage-of-Sparse-Matrices.html#Storage-of-Sparse-Matrices
>
> Regards
> Marco

The following pubblication cuold also be helpful:
https://arxiv.org/abs/cs/0604006

c.