Spy

sharanbr
I would like to know the function of spy function in Octave. I have seen some
examples and I see that it is used to display in some form of dot matrix.
The documentation in Mathwords does not help much.

Re: Spy

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 5:20 AM, sharanbr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to know the function of spy function in Octave. I have seen some
> examples and I see that it is used to display in some form of dot matrix.
> The documentation in Mathwords does not help much.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

Hi Sharan,

check

help spy

and

demo spy

in octave. Spy is used to visualize the structure of sparse matrices,
or bolean matrices, or any matrix that is expected to have many zeros.
You get a plot with the shape of the matrix and a blue dot for each
non-zero entry. That's it!

Re: Spy

sharanbr
ok. Thanks a lot.