Status of DOS-OS/2 version of Octave?

Tom Short
Has anyone heard how the Dos-OS/2 port of Octave is coming along?

- Tom

Re: Status of DOS-OS/2 version of Octave?

Guido Dietz

You asked:

# Has anyone heard how the Dos-OS/2 port of Octave is coming along?

I remembered a (very old) mail from Dec 94 about some Spanish guys
working on that subject:

> Date: Mon, 19 Dec 94 20:45:07 GMT
> From: [hidden email] (Trabajos con Octave)
>
> We are working with Octave over MS-DOS.
> Now we have an executable file that is only has a part of the Octave functions.
> Our purpose is to change Octave internaly because we want
> some functions as a 'fft' to be executed in a DSP (but only if it is ventajous).
>
> We need some information to do this:
>
> What can be the best moment in Octave to put our functions?
>    (the functions to decide if the 'fft' runs normaly or
>     is better that the DSP do it. We need a point where the arguments
>     of the function be known, not other function)
>
> What data types are used in Octave?
>     (we need know the integer and floating-point formats for the compatibility
>      with the DSP)
>
> Thank you.
>
>       Chus and Raul.

I don't know anything about their state of arts, but you could
ask them...

G.

Re: Status of DOS-OS/2 version of Octave?

John Eaton-4
[hidden email] (Tom Short) wrote:

: Has anyone heard how the Dos-OS/2 port of Octave is coming along?

I'm working on incorporating changes for OS/2 using the EMX port of
gcc.  I am told that it is possible to use this compiler to generate a
binary that will work under DOS too.  I hope that the next release
will compile `out of the box' on OS/2 systems.

I believe that a working binary for OS/2 along with the modified
sources is available from ftp.cdrom.com.