Status request and testing offer

himpe
Dear Developers and Maintainers,

I would like to humbly ask about the status of the following issues:

* bug #39257: handles to nested functions are not yet supported
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?39257

* bug #52475: ode15 is not compatible with SUNDIALS >= 3.0.0
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52475

Who is interested in the first issue? If testing is required, I am
willing to help. Will the second issue be closed for 5.0?

Thank you very much and merry Christmas

Christian

--
Christian Himpe
Computational Methods in Systems and Control Theory
Germany

Re: Status request and testing offer

PhilipNienhuis
himpe wrote
> Dear Developers and Maintainers,
>
> I would like to humbly ask about the status of the following issues:
>
> * bug #39257: handles to nested functions are not yet supported
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?39257
>
> * bug #52475: ode15 is not compatible with SUNDIALS >= 3.0.0
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52475

See comment #37 there.

> Who is interested in the first issue? If testing is required, I am
> willing to help. Will the second issue be closed for 5.0?

Let's hope so.

philip

Re: Status request and testing offer

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 2 Dec 2018, at 13:47, Christian Himpe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Developers and Maintainers,
>
> I would like to humbly ask about the status of the following issues:
>
> * bug #39257: handles to nested functions are not yet supported
>  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?39257
>
> * bug #52475: ode15 is not compatible with SUNDIALS >= 3.0.0
>  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52475

I am working on this but
 1) I need help from someone more expert than me with autotools
 2) I am currently unable to build the development branch on macos
    due to issues recently discussed on this list so I cannot test 5.x.x

> Who is interested in the first issue? If testing is required, I am
> willing to help. Will the second issue be closed for 5.0?

I really hope so.

c.

On 12/2/18 7:47 AM, Christian Himpe wrote:
> Dear Developers and Maintainers,
>
> I would like to humbly ask about the status of the following issues:
>
> * bug #39257: handles to nested functions are not yet supported
>    https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?39257

See the message I posted a few minutes ago with the subject "refactoring
variable storage".  Once the changes I described in that message are
merged with default, I think it will be much easier to properly
implement this missing feature.  I expect it can finally be done for
Octave 6.

jwe