Stupid question

Dave Cottingham-2
I can't figure out how to get a list of the variables currently
defined.  Could someone kindly tell me how or provide
semi-authoritative confirmation that you can't do it.

Honest, I looked in the manual.

 - Dave Cottingham

Re: Stupid question

Mike Craymer
At  2:02 PM 94/4/12 -0400, Dave Cottingham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>I can't figure out how to get a list of the variables currently
>defined.  Could someone kindly tell me how or provide
>semi-authoritative confirmation that you can't do it.
>
>Honest, I looked in the manual.

I think the function you're looking for is "who".  Here's the online help:

    who [-all] [-builtins] [-functions] [-long] [-variables]

    List currently defined symbol(s).  Options may be shortened to one
    character, but may not be combined.

I also couldn't find it in the manual, but it's in the Quick Reference.
You might want to advise John Eaton that it should also be in the manual in
section 24.3 (together with "clear" and "exist") and also in the Function

Mike Craymer
Geodetic Survey of Canada
[hidden email]