Subplotting multiple images, by printing becomming dark rectangles

Subplotting multiple images, by printing becomming dark rectangles

hxchrist123
Hallo,
I load 8 images, which I want to show all within a subplot.

figure(2);
for j=1 to 8
subplot(8, 1, j);
imshow (images);
end
print (2,  'images.png' )

Octave shows me the subplot correct, but if I want to save it i got just black rectangles.

Any ideas are welcome.
Chris

Re: Subplotting multiple images, by printing becomming dark rectangles

siko1056
hxchrist123 wrote
Hallo,
I load 8 images, which I want to show all within a subplot.

figure(2);
for j=1 to 8
subplot(8, 1, j);
imshow (images);
end
print (2,  'images.png' )

Octave shows me the subplot correct, but if I want to save it i got just black rectangles.

Any ideas are welcome.
Chris
Dear Chris,

Some generic questions: from your screenshot I conclude you are using Windows 7, which version of Octave do you use?

No solution, but some ideas: did you try to print a single image? Did you try to print another format (jpg, pdf, ...)?

HTH,
Kai

Re: Subplotting multiple images, by printing becomming dark rectangles

hxchrist123
Hi Kai,
yes your are right. I use win 7 with octave 4.2.1.
I already tried some other formats but with no success.
Single Image works fine.
Best regards,
Chris

Re: Subplotting multiple images, by printing becomming dark rectangles

Pantxo
hxchrist123 wrote
Hi Kai,
yes your are right. I use win 7 with octave 4.2.1.
I already tried some other formats but with no success.
Single Image works fine.
Best regards,
Chris
Hi,

What if you use the default image:

for ii = 1:8
  subplot (8,1,ii)
  image ();
  axis image off
endfor

print foo.eps

This works for me on linux.

Pantxo

Re: Subplotting multiple images, by printing becomming dark rectangles

hxchrist123
Dear Pantxo, thank you for your effort.
With your solution i got now just one white image!
BR,
Chris

Re: Subplotting multiple images, by printing becomming dark rectangles

Pantxo

Dear Pantxo, thank you for your effort.
With your solution i got now just one white image!
BR,
Chris

To unsubscribe from Subplotting multiple images, by printing becomming dark rectangles, click here.
NAML

Can you please post the resulting eps file?

Pantxo

Re: Subplotting multiple images, by printing becomming dark rectangles

hxchrist123
result is a complete white or empty image!

Re: Subplotting multiple images, by printing becomming dark rectangles

Pantxo
hxchrist123 wrote
result is a complete white or empty image!
What do you mean: the on-screen figure is white or the printout is white? In both cases this is probably a bug and you should report it here:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

Pantxo