Suddenly error reading excel file ? DEADLINE PANIC...

Suddenly error reading excel file ? DEADLINE PANIC...

Birger Bech Jessen
*Suddenly I get strange (to me..) error after having used this for long time
?

The test program line is picked from larger program giving the same error
text:*

   function ExelRead();
   [Data,Label]=xlsread("C:/Users/bbjn/Desktop/JSV160.xlsm","qplw");
   endfunction

where "JSV160.xlsm" is a larger excel spreadsheet, using sheet "qplw"

*Command window shows this:*

>> ExelRead

      0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error
487
AllocationBase 0x60EA0000, BaseAddress 0x60EA0000, RegionSize 0x1000, State
0x1000
C:\Octave\OCTAVE~1.0\bin\unzip.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's
heap, Win32 error 0
file C:/Users/bbjn/Desktop/JSV160.xlsm couldn't be unpacked. Is it the
proper file format?
warning: UnZip failed with error 1
Output:
error: warning: STATE structure must have fields 'identifier' and 'state'
error: called from
    __OCT_spsh_open__ at line 72 column 7
    xlsopen at line 316 column 30
    xlsread at line 233 column 11
    ExelRead at line 5 column 13

*I have reinstalled to newest octave from version 4.2.1 to 4.4.0  getting
same error text.*

My PC is win 10,  i5-7300U   2.6GHZ   8 GB  64bit  X64 processor
Has worked fine same programlines until January on version octave 4.2.1.

Any clues?   Urgently need for any help.... Thanks

Re: Suddenly error reading excel file ? DEADLINE PANIC...

Przemek Klosowski-7
On 05/03/2018 04:16 PM, Birger Bech Jessen wrote:

> *Suddenly I get strange (to me..) error after having used this for long time
> ?
>
> The test program line is picked from larger program giving the same error
> text:*
>
>     function ExelRead();
>     [Data,Label]=xlsread("C:/Users/bbjn/Desktop/JSV160.xlsm","qplw");
>     endfunction
>
> where "JSV160.xlsm" is a larger excel spreadsheet, using sheet "qplw"

Do you get this error when you read a simple, small spreadsheet? Did you
successfully read the same large spreadsheet in the past? Did you update
stuff, especially the Java JVM since that worked?

Re: Suddenly error reading excel file ? DEADLINE PANIC...

Birger Bech Jessen
*SOLUTION FOUND...
NO Panic*

A simple total reboot of my PC cleared something and now everything works as
before.

How could I forget to do that after having installed the newest version...

Sorry for wasting your time.

Yours Birger