SuiteSparse

Russ

Please, can someone explain how to access the SuiteSparse library in a Windows installation of Octave?

It is not built-in to the latest Octave 4.2.1, and it is not available in Octave Forge, so I can't figure out how to use it with a Windows installation of Octave.

I also tried Linux:

It is in the Debian repo, and I was able to install it using Synaptic, but I can't figure out how to access it from Octave.  pgk install and/or pkg load do not recognize it.

Thanks

Re: SuiteSparse

siko1056
Russ wrote

> Please, can someone explain how to access the SuiteSparse library in a
> Windows installation of Octave?
>
> It is not built-in to the latest Octave 4.2.1, and it is not available in
> Octave Forge, so I can't figure out how to use it with a Windows
> installation of Octave.
>

> I also tried Linux:
>
> It *is* in the Debian repo, and I was able to install it using Synaptic,
> but I can't figure out how to access it from Octave.  *pgk install *and/or
> *pkg
> load* do not recognize it.
>
> Thanks

I do not fully understand what you mean by "access"?  Do you want to call
individual functions from the SuiteSparse library?  Can you please provide a
short example of what you intend to do.

Kai.