Support for 3D polar plots

Fritz Sonnichsen
I am looking through the documents trying to find out how to do 3D plots
in polar coordinates. The matlab equivalent is polar3d but this does not
seem to work on octave. Does octave not support 3d polar plots?
Fritz

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Support for 3D polar plots

Pantxo
Fritz Sonnichsen wrote

> I am looking through the documents trying to find out how to do 3D plots
> in polar coordinates. The matlab equivalent is polar3d but this does not
> seem to work on octave. Does octave not support 3d polar plots?
> Fritz

> Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
> Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
> https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Could you add a link to the Matlab "polar3d" function you mention? A simple
"Matlab polar3d" search in DuckDuckGo does not lead to any meaningful
result.

Pantxo

Pantxo

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Re: Support for 3D polar plots

tmacchant

--- pantxo.

> Fritz Sonnichsen wrote
> > I am looking through the documents trying to find out how to do 3D plots
> > in polar coordinates. The matlab equivalent is polar3d but this does not
> > seem to work on octave. Does octave not support 3d polar plots?
> > Fritz

> > Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
> > Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
> > https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018
>
> Hi,
>
> Could you add a link to the Matlab "polar3d" function you mention? A simple
> "Matlab polar3d" search in DuckDuckGo does not lead to any meaningful
> result.
>
> Pantxo
>
> Pantxo
>

> --
I could find only the below

https://jp.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/7656-3d-polar-plot

Tatsuro

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Support for 3D polar plots

Fritz Sonnichsen
Wow-you guys just revealed to me that "polar3d" is not a formal matlab
routine (it is a user addon in fileexchange). A little more
investigation implies that matlab does not support polar plots in 3d. I
pretty big shortcoming as a lot of physics is best expressed in
cylindrical or spherical-polar coords.

Thanks for the feedback.
Fritz