Tag Clouds in Octave?

Jeff (work)
Does anybody know of any useful Octave scripts or functions that can be used
for making tag clouds similar to the one in the picture?

I searched in the documentation and online wiki and the Internet and haven't found anything
about how to make them using Octave.

There are lots of sites such as https://tagcrowd.com/ that can make them for you,
but I need the code so I can customize it for my own uses.

Any help is appreciated.

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

=?ISO-8859-1?B?QWJvdXQgT2N0YXZlIFRhZyBDbG91ZC5qcGc=?= (70K) Download Attachment

Re: Tag Clouds in Octave?

Francesco Potortì
>Does anybody know of any useful Octave scripts or functions that can be used
>for making tag clouds similar to the one in the picture?
>
>I searched in the documentation and online wiki and the Internet and haven't found anything
>about how to make them using Octave.
>
>There are lots of sites such as https://tagcrowd.com/ that can make them for you,
>but I need the code so I can customize it for my own uses.

Octave is a numerical computation language.  While it is a complete
language and in principle it can be used for anything, its typical usage
is to read numbers, crunch them and generate graphics.  I would not
expect people to use it for making word clouds, which is a task
requiring text analysis and typographical capabilities.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
(entrance 20, 1st floor, room C71)     Web:    http://fly.isti.cnr.it