Thinking something big for Octave.

Dildar Sk
Hello Octave Community, from last few weeks I am doing rigorous accuracy etc
testing of Octave, regarding my project "Make Specfuns special again". But
somehow I fell in love with Octave, I think Octave needs more attention than
it gets. I don't know why MATLAB gets all the attention though it is so
expensive product.

So, I will try to contribute little myself. I will try to set Octave session
in our University first. I will try to cover at least two Universities in
Our State. I have a whole big plan. The session will cover from Octave
tutorials to contributing to Octave. I will need nothing from you guys but
just a few minutes. Jwe, Mike, JordiGH, Carandraug, Andy, Sebastian etc if
you guys join this session for at least few minutes would blow the session.
At least Jhon's 2 minutes presence through live video call would be enough.
I am planning these sessions at late August. After that I have other plans
also. Waiting for feedback.

Re: Thinking something big for Octave.

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
> Hello Octave Community, from last few weeks I am doing rigorous accuracy etc
> testing of Octave, regarding my project "Make Specfuns special again". But
> somehow I fell in love with Octave, I think Octave needs more attention than
> it gets. I don't know why MATLAB gets all the attention though it is so
> expensive product.
>
> So, I will try to contribute little myself. I will try to set Octave session
> in our University first. I will try to cover at least two Universities in
> Our State. I have a whole big plan. The session will cover from Octave
> tutorials to contributing to Octave. I will need nothing from you guys but
> just a few minutes. Jwe, Mike, JordiGH, Carandraug, Andy, Sebastian etc if
> you guys join this session for at least few minutes would blow the session.
> At least Jhon's 2 minutes presence through live video call would be enough.
> I am planning these sessions at late August. After that I have other plans
> also. Waiting for feedback.

Hi Dildar,

That's a great idea! I have been teacinh octave in everyplace I
worked, and lately once a year at CERN.

You can check my material here

https://gitlab.com/kakila/octave-teaching

There is plenty of resources out there, make sure to search for them.