Translation Files

Rik-4
Torsten,

How close is item #12 (Localization and Internationalization) to
completion?  Are there any particular language files we are waiting on at
bug #55279?

--Rik

Re: Translation Files

tmacchant

> How close is item #12 (Localization and Internationalization) to
> completion?  Are there any particular language files we are waiting on at
> bug #55279?
>
> --Rik

I have not carried out Japanese Translation yet.
I will do it on this weekend

Tatsuro

Re: Translation Files

Torsten-3
On 12.01.19 02:39, Rik wrote:
> Torsten,
>
> How close is item #12 (Localization and Internationalization) to
> completion?  Are there any particular language files we are waiting on at
> bug #55279?
>
> --Rik

Rik,

This is the current state:

  pt_BR   completed
  nl_NL   completed
  es_ES   completed
  de_DE   completed
  fr_FR   completed
  jp_JP   in progress (this weekend)
  ca_ES   announced after pre-releases

Still missing are the following translations (I have cc'ed the related
translators):

  be_BY
  eu_ES
  it_IT
  lt_LT
  pt_PT
  ru_RU
  uk_UA
  zh_CN

Some of these languages were not updated for former releases either.
Shall we drop uncomplete trnaslations in the upcoming release?

Torsten

Re: Translation Files

Andreas Weber-6
Am 12.01.19 um 08:59 schrieb Torsten:
> Some of these languages were not updated for former releases either.
> Shall we drop uncomplete trnaslations in the upcoming release?

My personal opinion is, that it is better to have a partially translated
GUI than no translation. I think it might attract new contributors if a
user switches to his mother language and then realizes that it is
incomplete.

Or perhaps have a flag for the incomplete languages and show a
messagebox "Hey, it's incomplete, you can help to improve this: link to
wiki"...

-- Andy

Re: Translation Files

tmacchant

--- mttl

> On 12.01.19 02:39, Rik wrote:
> > Torsten,
> >
> > How close is item #12 (Localization and Internationalization) to
> > completion?  Are there any particular language files we are waiting on at
> > bug #55279?
> >
> > --Rik
> >

> Rik,
>
> This is the current state:
>
>   pt_BR   completed
>   nl_NL   completed
>   es_ES   completed
>   de_DE   completed
>   fr_FR   completed
>   jp_JP   in progress (this weekend)

I will  carry out Japanese  translation till Monday.

Tatsuro

>   ca_ES   announced after pre-releases
>
> Still missing are the following translations (I have cc'ed the related
> translators):
>
>   be_BY
>   eu_ES
>   it_IT
>   lt_LT
>   pt_PT
>   ru_RU
>   uk_UA
>   zh_CN
>
> Some of these languages were not updated for former releases either.
> Shall we drop uncomplete trnaslations in the upcoming release?
>
> Torsten

Re: Translation Files

tmacchant

>>  > How close is item #12 (Localization and Internationalization) to
>>  > completion?  Are there any particular language files we are waiting on
> at
>>  > bug #55279?
>>  >
>>  > --Rik
>>  >
>>
>>  Rik,
>>
>>  This is the current state:
>>
>>    pt_BR   completed
>>    nl_NL   completed
>>    es_ES   completed
>>    de_DE   completed
>>    fr_FR   completed
>>    jp_JP   in progress (this weekend)
>
> I will  carry out Japanese  translation till Monday.
>

> Tatsuro

I pushed the changeset to
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55279

Tasturo

>>    ca_ES   announced after pre-releases
>>
>>  Still missing are the following translations (I have cc'ed the related
>>  translators):
>>
>>    be_BY
>>    eu_ES
>>    it_IT
>>    lt_LT
>>    pt_PT
>>    ru_RU
>>    uk_UA
>>    zh_CN
>>
>>  Some of these languages were not updated for former releases either.
>>  Shall we drop uncomplete trnaslations in the upcoming release?
>>
>>  Torsten

Re: Translation Files

Rik-4
On 01/11/2019 11:59 PM, Torsten wrote:

> On 12.01.19 02:39, Rik wrote:
>> Torsten,
>>
>> How close is item #12 (Localization and Internationalization) to
>> completion?  Are there any particular language files we are waiting on at
>> bug #55279?
>>
>> --Rik
>>
> Rik,
>
> This is the current state:
>
>   pt_BR   completed
>   nl_NL   completed
>   es_ES   completed
>   de_DE   completed
>   fr_FR   completed
>   jp_JP   in progress (this weekend)
>   ca_ES   announced after pre-releases
>
> Still missing are the following translations (I have cc'ed the related
> translators):
>
>   be_BY
>   eu_ES
>   it_IT
>   lt_LT
>   pt_PT
>   ru_RU
>   uk_UA
>   zh_CN
>
> Some of these languages were not updated for former releases either.
> Shall we drop uncomplete trnaslations in the upcoming release?

I think we can leave them.  Any untranslated strings will show through in
English, but half a translation would still be better than none for some users.

--Rik