Tricontour

Clinton Winant-2
There used to be a script tricontour.m that was part of a package called inst.  It seems inst is no more.  Does anyone know where to find tricontour?

Re: Tricontour

tmacchant

Re: Tricontour

tmacchant

>> There used to be a script tricontour.m that was part of a package called
> inst.  It seems inst is no more.  Does anyone know where to find tricontour?
>>

> tricontour is part of plot octave-forge package, which is un-maintained.
>

> Source of plot package can be found here
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Forge%20Packages/Individual%20Package%20Releases/
>

> latest seem to be plot-1.1.0.tar.gz.

The plot package is un-maintained so that
it is not preferable to try to install plot package.

However,  tricontour.m is standalone script and I confirmed that it worked.rand ('state', 2)

I used demonstration example here.

https://octave.sourceforge.io/plot/function/tricontour.html

 x = rand (100, 1)-0.5;
 y = rand (100, 1)-0.5;
 tri = delaunay (x, y);
 tricontour (tri, x, y, z, [-0.25:0.05:0.25]);
 axis equal
 grid on

So workaround is download plot-1.1.0.tar.gz and extract it.
Copy tricontour.m and paste it to your working directory.

BTW, tricontour.m can be implemented as a core function.

Tatsuro