Unable to access file with 'function definition'

Unable to access file with 'function definition'

Sridhar R

Using Octave 4,2,1, I am not able to load files containing a function definition, even after changing directory to where the file is. I have tried using WordPad & Notepad for writing my function definition

The response is 'squareThisNumber' undefined near line 1 column 1'

Also tried loading the file (instead of directly calling the function)

Kindly help out

--
Sridhar Rengasamy
Masters Student in Civil Engineering,

Re: Unable to access file with 'function definition'

Mike Miller-4
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 06:16:36 +0800, Sridhar R wrote:
> Using Octave 4,2,1, I am not able to load files containing a function
> definition, even after changing directory to where the file is. I have
> tried using WordPad & Notepad for writing my function definition
>
> The response is 'squareThisNumber' undefined near line 1 column 1'
>
> Also tried loading the file (instead of directly calling the function)
>
> Kindly help out

Please share the contents and file name of your function definition, and
exactly what commands you are running in Octave.